1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Ed Sullivan - The Fat Puppet

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by BlueFrackle, Jul 19, 2002.

1. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Hey Guys,
    Ive got lots of US News Clips from the time of Jims Death, And one of them has a Black and White Clip of Jim, Frank and Ed Sullivan.

Jim and Frank are holding a Live Hand Puppet, And Ed is saying hi to him, As Ed goes to shake the Puppets hand he tries to eat it.

The Puppet is really fat, He has like ten chins, and big cheeks and all that stuff.

Does anyone know where this clip comes from ?

It seams to be the ending of the show when Ed thanks his guests, So i should think there was a skit that went with it.

Thanks !
  2. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

what show did they talk about jims death id like that tape.
  3. BlueFrackle

Ernie,

Probably nearly every News Bulletin in the world ?

See ya
  4. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

Can you tell me?
  5. BlueFrackle

Ernie,

It was big World news, So probably every News Station and News Bulltin had something to say about it.

Just take your pick of News Bulletins from May 16th 1990.

See ya
  6. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

BlueFrackle's not confused. That clip really does exist. I saw it too in one of the retrospectives -- though for the life of me I can no longer remember which one. And I haven't seen any more than BlueFrackle has. Sorry.
  7. Ryan

Ryan New Member

I only saw a short clip too, and it was a 15 minute tribute to Jim Henson, when he won the Televison Hall of Fame award (or something like that). It's a really great show, with a big musical number snag by characters of the 3 main shows, as well as a speech by Frank Oz, and Harry Belefante. ;)