Editing Threads

anakin

Reaction score
i cant believe someone would actually go in and edit another persons thread. How is this even possible and why would someone take it upon themselves to do such a thing? Sheesh!

Redsonga

Reaction score
Maybe it is a mod? I have not seen anything bad going on though..Normal users can't edit each others messages though...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello. As RedSonga pointed out, only moderators are able to change the title of a thread. Please do not be angered by such a move. We moderators do so in order for the topic of a thread to maintain correlation with its name. Also, renaming a thread and/or moving it from one section to another are to make it clearer to other members what the thread deals with and so that more traffic navigates to the thread in question.

Hope this helps clarify a few things and have a good day.

anakin

Reaction score
it was in keeping with the thread.. it was just a general discussion topic.. it wouldnt fit in anywhere else.
good grief.. it was a parody! muppets are famous for that... I was having some fun with the camera and my figures and thought everyone would enjoy it. if there was such an event it would have been announced officially and there has never been such a thing. i wasnt trying to "stir threads" i thought it was clever and fun. i have been a member of the site in good standing and I would think that I deserve the respect to be at least addressed about a thread before editing it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Again... Please understand that editing a thread title is done with no malice behind such an ac. It is done to help clarify, refine, or explain what the thread is about. Your original title had the word "MupCon 08". The only thing Muppety about it was the Kermit-esque lines in hosting narration. It was a fun/funny thread... But it is better served being renamed as what it is currently known. Like I said before, there's no ill will behind such a gesture... Just trying to help others know what the threads around here are rully about.

Hope you can understand our position and have a good weekend.

anakin

Reaction score
thats fine. I just would have expected the respect of being notified about this ahead of time since it seems to be such an issue.
I did inquire about it to phillip and have yet to even recieve a response.
guess i am not in as good a standing in the community as I had thought. cant imagine why tho. oh well... forward.....

Luke

Reaction score
You say it's a parody but the title didn't make clear it was a parody, and to be honest it was just confusing rather than funny - it was about Star Wars but you called it Mupcon. There's been people in the past who've done fanfictions about Muppet events and things and they were all moved into the fan fiction section and usually renamed too. They don't usually make a big deal out of renaming threads like alerting people, only really if they delete them.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I did inquire about it to phillip and have yet to even recieve a response.
guess i am not in as good a standing in the community as I had thought. cant imagine why tho. oh well... forward.....
Ed gave you a fine response above. Thread titles may get edited for a variety of reasons quite regularly. It's nothing personal. If a mod ever edits an actual post, the time-date stamp is changed and includes a reason for the changes.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying, Phil.

I know that I, too, can be annoyed when people change the thread titles...But on the otherhand, if they weren't changed some of them are very confusing! I'm guilty of making the titles of threads clever or kooky rather than actually practical in the search for information.