Eeeehh! I've got the uncut version of Muppet Family Christmas!

Leyla

Reaction score
Oh my goodness, it's really late here but I'm so excited I couldn't wait to tell someone!

I couldn't sleep so I decided to go through a bunch of really old VHS tapes from when I was a kid. All of them unlabelled. I thought perhaps we had taped MFC but I really wasn't sure if we had or if it still existed, but I just found it! It's got Piggy singing Happy holidays and Fozzie singing with the snowman and the Muppet babies filmstrip too! It's in pretty good shape considering it's been in a damp basement for years. Sound and picture are quite clear. The only problem is the ending is cut off a bit. It ends with Kermit offering Piggy a mink. I have no idea how many minutes come after that.

Anyhoo, I'm not sure if anyone's interested or not, but if anyone is, we could set up a tape tree or something. Let me know! (Oh, and I have at least one complete episode of Muppet Babies.) My summer project will have to be going through all these old tapes... I may even have the ending of MFC somewhere else, if I'm lucky...

but I already consider myself incredibly blessed for this discovery!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Oh yay!!! It only had a couple more minutes to it actually. They basically all wish everyone a happy holidays then it goes to credits.

I don't have anything to actually trade, but if you'd be willing, how much to get a copy?

Leyla

Reaction score
Oh, well that's good news! Tell you what Renee, email me and we'll figure out what shipping will be (I'll give you the tape) and if it isn't much, I'll just give it to you, how's that? If it's signifigant, I'll just ask for whatever shipping is. Do you want the Muppet Babies episode too? And also, I have the entire Sesame Chrismas Special.

Incidentally, I fast forwarded through an odd Christmas show involving a lot of stuffed animal puppets, only to be rather suprised to see Kermit singing with them near the end of the movie. Anyone with an idea of what that is? He was the only muppet I recognized.

Oh, I love muppets!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Leyla said:
Incidentally, I fast forwarded through an odd Christmas show involving a lot of stuffed animal puppets, only to be rather suprised to see Kermit singing with them near the end of the movie. Anyone with an idea of what that is? He was the only muppet I recognized.
That is The Christmas Toy. Kermit appeared at the beginning and end of the special (I guess from your description of the show you didn't get the first few minutes in tape). This has been released on video twice, but so far it hasn't been released on DVD. This is one of the few productions featuring Kermit that Henson still owns the rights to, and if it does get released on DVD, Kermit's scenes will probably have to get cut (since Disney wouldn't allow for Kermit's scenes to be included in Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas).

Leyla

Reaction score
Oh, thanks muchly. I might have the beginning... I wasn't really paying attention to it as I was fast forwarding.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... I got an almost uncut version of MFC on VCD as well from my dealings with a good friend of mine. Haven't hit him up for more TMS episodes though... Just trying to finalize additions to the Muppet Listings before giving myself a headache over new additions from that and SS Season 37.
Anyway, there's a few scenes missing from the copy you mentioned Leyla.
Kermit says he got Piggy a mink for Christmas, she gets excited as she thinks it's a fur mink coat...
But in true Muppet fashion, Kermit introduces the diva to Maureen the Mink, her biggest fan who worships the ground Piggy walks on.
Maureen speaks with a New Yorker/Brooklyn accent and is voiced by Karen Prell I believe.

Then the caroll sing fads into the start of We Wish You A Merry Christmas...
And the camera pans back to the kitchen where...
Jim himself's standing with Sprocket at his side.
Jim: It sure is nice to see them have some fun isn't it? Well, come on Sprocket, these dishes won't wash themselves. I'll wash and you dry."
Then it continues with We Wish You A Merry Christmas as the credits roll.
There's one last scene I don't have where Fozzie asks his mom about where his stocking's hung, and/or if it's got any presents or candy in it, not sure since I don't have that last scene at the very end.

Hope this helps.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I too have an uncut verison of Muppet Family Christmas, with the Fozzie and Snowman song, Muppet Babies, end credits and all. Mine is totally uncut on DVD.

I'm sorry, after hearing about what the count said, I too am missing some of the end credits, and what the Count said about Fozzie and his mom stockings scene, I don't even remember that at all.