1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Electric Company Box Set

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by zns, Jan 1, 2006.

1. zns

zns Active Member

A while back, I think there was a thread posted on the forum about the Electric Company being put on a box DVD set. It was said to be released around Febuary of this year. I wasn't sure it that was just a rumor or if it was true.
  2. Andrew T

Andrew T New Member

Oh yes, this news is true. In fact, it's even available for pre-ordering on Amazon.com.
  3. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

That's exactly right! I pre-ordered mine from amazon as soon as it was available (since back around July or August!). And here is a thread we've been posting about it since the news broke back in June in TV Guide.
  4. zns

zns Active Member

I just saw the trailer for it, and all I can say is WOW:excited: . It's like a kids version of Laugh-In. I have never seen the show before in my life, so I have a lot to look forward to in this.
  5. jeffkjoe

jeffkjoe New Member

Really?

You've never seen THE ELECTRIC COMPANY?

You're in for a real treat.

Imagine watching the perfect spin-off of Sesame Street and then classic Sesame from the 1970's back-to-back and that's the sheer bliss that millions of kids experienced until 1981 when PBS stopped showing ELECTRIC.

ELECTRIC COMPANY is like a funnier version to Sesame. Classic Sesame Street. Very similar - lots of cartoons, skits, Joe Raposo songs, etc.

For me, the perfect afternoon childhood line-up back in the 1970's was:

4:00 Mister Rogers' Neighborhood
    4:30 The Electric Company
    5:00 Sesame Street
    6:00 Zoom

That's when Sesame should be on. 5:00. That was the perfect timeslot ever.
  6. MuppetQuilter

MuppetQuilter Member

Thread Move

I moved this thread to the General Discussion forum because Electric Company is not Sesame Street merchandise.