Electric Company Box Set

zns

Reaction score
A while back, I think there was a thread posted on the forum about the Electric Company being put on a box DVD set. It was said to be released around Febuary of this year. I wasn't sure it that was just a rumor or if it was true.

Andrew T

Reaction score
Oh yes, this news is true. In fact, it's even available for pre-ordering on Amazon.com.

Ziffel

Reaction score
That's exactly right! I pre-ordered mine from amazon as soon as it was available (since back around July or August!). And here is a thread we've been posting about it since the news broke back in June in TV Guide.

zns

Reaction score
I just saw the trailer for it, and all I can say is WOW:excited: . It's like a kids version of Laugh-In. I have never seen the show before in my life, so I have a lot to look forward to in this.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Really?

You've never seen THE ELECTRIC COMPANY?

You're in for a real treat.

Imagine watching the perfect spin-off of Sesame Street and then classic Sesame from the 1970's back-to-back and that's the sheer bliss that millions of kids experienced until 1981 when PBS stopped showing ELECTRIC.

ELECTRIC COMPANY is like a funnier version to Sesame. Classic Sesame Street. Very similar - lots of cartoons, skits, Joe Raposo songs, etc.

For me, the perfect afternoon childhood line-up back in the 1970's was:

4:00 Mister Rogers' Neighborhood
4:30 The Electric Company
5:00 Sesame Street
6:00 Zoom

That's when Sesame should be on. 5:00. That was the perfect timeslot ever.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Thread Move

I moved this thread to the General Discussion forum because Electric Company is not Sesame Street merchandise.