Electric Mayhem

Kazzie

Reaction score
Whats the name of the trumpet player in the band in the Muppet Capers movie?? :rolleyes:

Beauregard

Reaction score
muppet_dk said:
I beg your pardon?

Oh, I see. Ah, ha, he, er, hum.

Yes, that neat little trumpet player is teh one and only Lips! He apeared in that only to disapear from sight, not to be seen again since, except in Family Christmas.

While we're on teh subject of trumpet players, who is the guy in VMC who plays the tuba that Piggy squashes, and who is he voiced by?

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I beg your pardon?
While we're on teh subject of trumpet players, who is the guy in VMC who plays the tuba that Piggy squashes, and who is he voiced by?
I guess he's named Eugene, based on that Kermit use that name for him. But thats all I know for sure.
I'am not sure about the voice but I think it could be Dave.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I beg your pardon?

Oh, I see. Ah, ha, he, er, hum.

Yes, that neat little trumpet player is teh one and only Lips! He apeared in that only to disapear from sight, not to be seen again since, except in Family Christmas.
he showed up with the band in Muppet christmas carol. he's another character i wish that could make a comeback.

ryan

rexcrk

Reaction score
Lips is one of my favorites. If only for the instruement he plays :sing: I too am a trumpet player :big_grin: While we're on the subject of Lips, I was wondering when he speaks. Ever? I know he said "And me!" at the end credits of GMC and he sang "We Need a Little Christmas" and "Jingle Bell Rock" in MFC. I remember seeing him in MCC, and I think he was in MTM too. Also, he played trumpet in the later seasons of The Muppet Show (I think).

Reaction score
Lips was not called for to be in the Electric Mayhem, He lacked the charisma that Animal,Floyd,Janice,Zoot and Dr.Teeth had. IT was truly a waste in my opinion. They used to have a female trumpet player too but she vanished quickly and one episode on the muppet show there was a new member playing the bongos but he vanished too. The Fab 5 of the Electric Mayhem was great. If they needed someone else in the group, they shouldve added Crazy Harry to be their Pyro technition. :big_grin: :halo: :crazy:

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Boppity & Gloat said:
If they needed someone else in the group, they shouldve added Crazy Harry to be their Pyro technition.
Well, Crazy Harry did play the triangle...

anathema

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
Lips is one of my favorites. If only for the instruement he plays :sing: I too am a trumpet player :big_grin: While we're on the subject of Lips, I was wondering when he speaks. Ever? I know he said "And me!" at the end credits of GMC and he sang "We Need a Little Christmas" and "Jingle Bell Rock" in MFC. I remember seeing him in MCC, and I think he was in MTM too. Also, he played trumpet in the later seasons of The Muppet Show (I think).
He gets a verse in Boogie In The Barnyard in the Shirley Bassey TMS too.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think on TMS they should have used Lips more, because I think Steve has a great singing voice.

Obviously we want an album with the collection of all the EM's performances on it, but I would also love to get a recording of the Muppet Performers singing in their own voices. Wouldn't that be neat?