Electric Mayhem

Bovegard

Reaction score
How many of you miss the electric mayhem and Dr Teeth in the new films. Dr Teeth only got to say "Shalom" in Muppets from Space and less in Treasure Island.:frown: He is one of my faverate characters too. Oh Well. He certanly won't be in Kirmet's Swamp Years will he?

Got to go,
Bovegard:smile:

MrMuppet

Reaction score
Dr.Teeth and The Electric Mayhem were great characters. I loved watching them on The Muppet Show and in The Muppet Movies. I think that Brain Henson doesn't like them. I mean ever since he's taken over they been pushed to the back.

matleo

Reaction score
I thkn the reason they;ve been pushed back is that all you rally have is Floyd and Zoot. Frank's not around so much and Animal is such a spontaneous character, it's tough to do him justic and have him dubbed in. Jim and richard are no longer with us so no Janice, no teeth, and Lips never 'really' developed as a chracter although he is one of my favorites. So I don't hin Brian hates them. I mean, do you think brian hates Rowlf, Scooter, Link, etc?
Anyway, answering the original question, I LOVE the EM (as you can see). I'm actually wearing my EM shirt right now!! I saw Dr. teeth up close once at the Vision of Jim Henson exhibit and he is a BEAUTIFUL puppet. So much peronality in him You just feel groovier standing next to thim. BTW: if you like Dr. teeth, you should check out his namesake, Dr. John. Great blues musician! And I'm rambling now, so I think I'l wrap this up. Bye!

Matt:cool:

Iggy35

Reaction score
You know what? I was watching the Leo Sayer ep today and in his first # (you make me feel like dancing) I didn't even notice EM in the background.

For almost the entire song, you can hardly see them at all but still they are there. They get one close up in the last 20 seconds and thats it. Just cause they only have 2 original members left underneath doesn't mean they have to be replaced. Thats one of the things that really annoyed me about Muppets Tonight...The dumb NEW band. They didn't speak, but still they were there.

Why couldn't the original EM have been there and not spoke? Just doesn't make sense to me!

IGGY35

Bovegard

Reaction score
Hi,

Well, it seems that lots of people agree with me about the Electric Mayhem. Why can't they get some profesionals in to do the voices? They do that a lot in radio shows in England. I'm sure some one out there can do Janice, and Dr Teeth's voices. Even I can nearly do Janices.:wink: Liek Wowww and Fer Surre.

Well, Prehaps we'll see them again. Maybe in the Christmass film their making. Got to Go.

Bovegard:cool:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I couldn't agree with you guys more. The last time I saw Dr.Teeth was recently on a "We are Family" music video. I dunno, it's supposed tom promote peace or something. It was on PBS. Floyd Kermit, Piggy and several Sesame Street characters were in it too. Anyway, Palisades Toys is not only releasing Muppet action figures (Dr.Teeth being one of them) but they are releasing a new Electric Mayhiem Mini-Tin Lunchbox. You know, I'd say Animal is probably the most popular, and one of the few you still see a lot. I went to an arcade yesterday, and a woman won the 6500 ticket GIANT Animal doll (It was bigger then her, and she was a midrange size) Freaky. It's bigger then the actual Puppet!

dmx10101

Reaction score
They use Animal too much and not enough of the other EM members now.

WiGgY

Reaction score
dmx10101 said:
They use Animal too much and not enough of the other EM members now.
Is today bump old threads day?

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
Ok heres what I think! I think they could easly bring the jim and richard characters back! If you look on the credits to Muppet party c... (Ship) you can see that they have characters, well every character! Even digit from the JHH has a game! Rowlf, Scooter, Piggy, Animal, Dr.teeth, Link, Janice and Swedish Chef and which ever ones i may have forgotten all sound great! So it wouldn't be hard to bring them back! Now a question! What happens to the puppeteirs? If Jerry, Steve, Dave and all the others go to Disney that what happens to Phill Van Neuter, and Sal? They are played be Brian, will he go to?
Ty

Fozzie

Reaction score
matleo said:
I thkn the reason they;ve been pushed back is that all you rally have is Floyd and Zoot. Frank's not around so much and Animal is such a spontaneous character, it's tough to do him justic and have him dubbed in. Jim and richard are no longer with us so no Janice, no teeth, and Lips never 'really' developed as a chracter although he is one of my favorites. So I don't hin Brian hates them. I mean, do you think brian hates Rowlf, Scooter, Link, etc?
Anyway, answering the original question, I LOVE the EM (as you can see). I'm actually wearing my EM shirt right now!! I saw Dr. teeth up close once at the Vision of Jim Henson exhibit and he is a BEAUTIFUL puppet. So much peronality in him You just feel groovier standing next to thim. BTW: if you like Dr. teeth, you should check out his namesake, Dr. John. Great blues musician! And I'm rambling now, so I think I'l wrap this up. Bye!

Matt:cool:
I agree. It would be nice to have the EM more in the movies though.