Elmo and Grover on Paul Simon's PBS Special

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone mentioned it, but Elmo and Grover made an appearance on the Paul Simon PBS special to sing The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy).

And then afterward, of course there were puns to be had:

Grover: Whoa that was a really short song. Were all his songs this short?
Elmo: Oh, Elmo thinks so.
Grover: Hm. I guess I always heard he was a short song-writer.
Elmo: Oh! Uh! Okay! Congratulations to Paul Simon!
Grover: What? What did I say?

The thing is, Grover didn't sound completely like Grover and his mouth hinge was a little off, so I'm 90% certain Frank Oz did not return from Muppet retirement to perform it.

It was fantastic anyway. :smile:

janicegroupie

Reaction score
I saw that special while flipping through the channels the other night and did not stop to watch it. Now I wish I had.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
I saw that special while flipping through the channels the other night and did not stop to watch it. Now I wish I had.
Hah, I think it's playing all month so you'll have plenty of chances. They come in around the last half hour though so you don't have to watch the whole thing. Not to say the rest of it isn't amazing. :wink:

sesameguy

Reaction score
Very cool! Paul Simon actually made several appearances on Sesame Street back in the late 1970s. I'd love to see those again. Did they happen to show any of those clips?

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Very cool! Paul Simon actually made several appearances on Sesame Street back in the late 1970s. I'd love to see those again. Did they happen to show any of those clips?
Naw. That was the only Muppet reference. They did show a lot of good clips however.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That's so cool! Thanks for the lookout and head's up MBM!:smile: