Elmo in Grouchland: Any fans?

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
It's not half bad - it offers quite a bit of character depth in a lot of ways, and I think the grouch humour is rather fantastic. I mean, eschewing the obvious (brilliant) puppetry element, of course.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Like I said before... this movie was too perfect an idea that it failed on the level that it would work much better as a DTV movie or telefilm. While Elmo was a popular character, and at the start of his rising popularity here, the film was pretty much geared towards kids too young to enjoy a theatrical experience. I'm guessing something like that foiled the brilliant new Winnie the Pooh movie, even though it shouldn't have.

Still, this is Elmo at his best. I wish Elmo was treated with this much depth in the series.

Still never got to see CinderElmo though. I was kinda on an I hate Elmo kick back when this all came out, so I ignored it. I wish I saw EIG on the Big screen. The DVD does the SAME thing the full screen version of Ghostbusters does that drives me nuts.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I remember really digging this movie. I wish we got more Sesame Street movies - I kinda wish Abby in Wonderland had been filmed for and released in theaters, and I know I can't be the only one yearning for a Super Grover movie.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm also looking for a Super Grover movie!
Now there are two things that I really did not like with the movie, Bert was dumb, and I really just can't stand how they worte for Bert Ernie was fine, but Bert seemd very off to me. Secondly Grover needed to be in the move a whole lot more, other then that I loved the movie!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Like many other fans, I'd hated Elmo for the longest time, for "taking over" Sesame Street. BUT, now that I'm a Dad, with that comes many changes on a guys perception. :smile: These days, I'm as big a fan of Elmo as I am of Cookie, Bird, and Grover!! Elmo's just another great an lovable Muppet on the Street.

I first saw EIG only around two years ago, when my then 1 year-old Son absolutely LOVED Elmo upon seeing Elmo's World for the first time one morning during SS. I got drawn in after multiple viewings, and before I knew it, EIG was in my Muppets DVD Collection! Ha ha. The movie is quite cute for every reason it's supposed to be, hit all the right marks as far as I'm concerned.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I remember really digging this movie. I wish we got more Sesame Street movies - I kinda wish Abby in Wonderland had been filmed for and released in theaters, and I know I can't be the only one yearning for a Super Grover movie.
I don't know if Abby in Wonderland would have worked as a full theatrical film. At least, it would have to have been completely different from the finished project. We'd most likely see human actors in some of the supporting roles.

I really think its high time for a new Sesame Street film... just, I don't know what direction they should take. They would need to give it a more all ages appeal like FTB. That's something EIG tried to do, but really didn't. Some of it was a little too preschooly for its own good. I really want them to consider more outdorr filmed scenes. They tend to make the Muppets look even more realistic. FTB had a lot of exterior shots that looked marvelous... EIG's biggest problem for me is the entirely done in a sound stage, almost telefilm look to it.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I love Elmo in Grouchland, but I was 4 when it came out,so I was at the intended age. Huxley is still a pretty funny villian.
"Now get in the cartoonishly evil vehicle and drive!"
"I auditoned for West Side Story. They say I wasn't right for Maria. What do they know? I feel pretty"
Bug also had some great lines.
"Hey that bacon is for the boss! Besides Howard your cholestrol level is WAY too high!"

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I really think its high time for a new Sesame Street film... just, I don't know what direction they should take. They would need to give it a more all ages appeal like FTB. That's something EIG tried to do, but really didn't. Some of it was a little too preschooly for its own good. I really want them to consider more outdorr filmed scenes. They tend to make the Muppets look even more realistic. FTB had a lot of exterior shots that looked marvelous... EIG's biggest problem for me is the entirely done in a sound stage, almost telefilm look to it.
For whatever reason, yesterday I just thought of some sort of "National Treasure for little kids" concept putting Grover at the helm. :super: No idea if that would work in reality though.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
What if some how SS was taken over and everyone had to leave the street unwillingly I think there would be a story there.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I've only watched the clip with the Queen of Trash on youtube, and that was for fanfic research (I paired her with Jareth eventually). I'm not big on Elmo, but I love her song. It's so beautiful. I sing it to myself every once in awhile. :big_grin:
Where can I read your fanfiction? I love the Queen Of Trash and I like playing as Jareth in my role play, because he can be nice one moment and then totally wicked the next.He's so much fun to play as!