1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Elmo Puppet Replica by Derek Thompson

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by Derek Thompson, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Muppetlab

Muppetlab Well-Known Member

Realy great job man!! Hes spot on :)

2. The joy on a little boys face in a wheelchair at the premiere of the muppet movie tonight in Hollywood was the culmination of this build. This little boy in a wheelchair just looked up and yelled,"Hi Elmo!!!" and gave him a big hug and a high five. The look of love his mom gave us was priceless. It makes making this puppet all the more worth it. Just to make someone smile and have a special moment they didnt think expect. Onward and upward.

3. mrfnydude

mrfnydude New Member

Great Job. Great scale on Elmo as well. You got a great heart my friend. Keep those smiles going.

4. FoxWorthy

FoxWorthy Active Member

Great build! Looks like Elmo's world is now your world! Great photos on your blog too!

5. Chuk

Chuk New Member

What did you use for his head. Im in the process of making a Elmo puppet myself and I need help with the body. Pls respond

6. Chuk

Chuk New Member

What pattern did you use for the head

7. Muppetlab

I think i replied to your same question yesterday on another Elmo thread.

He explains what pattern he used in the first few posts :)

8. Chuk

Chuk New Member

Didn't see the pattern. I want an Elmo puppet that looks like the one they use in The early 2000s. Any advice

9. Muppetlab

The Mostro pattern by Project Puppet is a great start

10. Chuk

Chuk New Member

[​IMG] a puppet similar to that. Any tips[​IMG]

11. Chuk

Chuk New Member

Because the puppet looks like it has a wider head. Might just have to brush out the fur