Elmo's eye and nose

eing6888

Reaction score
Hi,

I am working on an Elmo replica. I just fisnished putting together everything except the nose and eyes. I sculpted styrofoam ball into Ann egg shape and I plan to cover it with dyed astron fleece. I am wondering what I the best way to cover the foam with astron fleece, stitching or contact cement? And what is the best way to put finished nose on to the puppet, hot glue, etc?

Also I have a hard time finding eyes for elmo, ping pong ball is way too small, I couldn't find decoration ball anywhere. Any other ideas? Iam going for 50mm diameter.

Thank you a lot

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
I've heard very bad things about pingpongballs.net on other puppetry forums. Googling around, I see more complaints about the site, and the Better Business Bureau gave it an F rating. A pity, because otherwise they'd get my business for sure.
Ah, good to know then! I ordered 38mm ping pong balls from them a while back with no problems, but one positive experience does not a good online business make! Probably better to look elsewhere, then.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Don't use contact cement on Styrofoam - it will dissolve it!

Animal31

Reaction score
Use 30mm doll joints, poke a hole in the eyes and bring the doll joint up through the head, then hot glue them to the posts....