Elmo's World: Happy Holidays to air on PBS

Drtooth

Reaction score
For those of you who were curious to see Elmo's World: Happy Holidays, but did not want to spend 10 bucks on the video (15 on the DVD) or rent it, you have you're chance to watch it on PBS, at various times of this month (Check local listings). In Massachusettes, it will air this Wednesday (4th) at 9:45 am (maybe you can set a tape up, and record it) and 8 am this Saturday(7th) on channel 2.

I will watch the saturday one, dispite it's early air time. hopefully, they will reair this closer to the holidays at prime time (even though Channuka is almost over).

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! I'm sure many people will be excitied to hear about this.

Anybody here seen this yet? What do you think of it? Saw that the listed time was 90 minutes, wow!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Checking the listings, it looks like it's been squashed down to 60 minutes. but the listings may be wrong. It just so happens that over here, it's pledge drive month (everyother month) so it may be highly edited. I just hate that. Remember on ther old 20th anniversary Sesame Special when Kermit and OScar talk about PBS, and Oscar's favorite bit is the pledge drives? I always thought that someone had o like it.

Just kidding. I can't wait to see what's left of the special!

dcfboss

Reaction score
has anyone seen it yet? can anyone tell me if cookie monster is in it? If he's not then i won't watch it, lol

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

That's sort of what I've been wondering too. Are all the Sesame Street Muppets in it or is it just Elmo and Kelly Ripa?

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's started a while ago, and it's on now during the post... unfortunately, I am in shcool, and I cannot see it now. I'll see it Saturday, and post a review next Monday. Maybe if they show it again, this will encourage you to see it.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
I bought Elmo's World Happy Holidays. It runs sixty minutes, so the extra time must be due to the pledge drive. We really enjoyed this special, even though EW is not a favorite segment of mine.

I started a thread about it here:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/toughpigs/messages?msg=1062.1

Some of my thoughts included...

"I know most of you are Elmo jaded, but if you have the chance you should check this tape out! It is on sale at BJs Price Club for $7.99, and IMO really is wonderful.

I liked the whole show (60 minutes) but if for nothing else, you must watch it just for the SS Christmas pagent. Of course Prairie Dawn is in charge, and she has trouble as usual. Bert plays Joseph (he has hay fever naturally, and sneezes through the whole thing), Rosita is Mary, and Baby Natasha is Jesus (when she stays in the cradle... they have to stop twice to look for her). The three Kings are none other than Herry, Grover, and Cookie Monster. Animals sing, Muppets cavort, this is just too wonderful to miss. "

Other highlights include Elmo trying to play his Chanukah card (Cool, a harmonica card! Elmo loves music!), the strolling carolers, and Elmo Kwanzaa dancing.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Well, I missed it today, but maybe I can catch it on Saturday. I used to make a habit of getting all Muppet DVDs that were released, but that was before I went broke.

Where in Mass are you Drtooth?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe

Where in Mass are you Drtooth?
That's on a need to know basis, privite!!!!

Actually, I live in the greater Boston area. If I gave out info, I'd probably wind up getting lord knows what at my front door (not from any of you, mind you!)

I do go to the Art Institute of Boston, that's as much as I can give out.