Elmo's World - Music

BigBirdABCDEFGH

Reaction score
Since when will the rights be cleared as to the "Happy Birthday to You" song during one part of this particular sketch? That popular song, about celebrating one's birthday, is copyrighted.

My favorite parts of this episode (first seen on episode 3826):
*Some girl is playing a kazoo made out of a comb and tissue.
*"A trombone makes music (trombone playing)." "A box doesn't make music ... unless it's a music box! (music box playing)." "A birthday cake doesn't make music (guitar strumming when it disappears) ... but singing 'Happy Birthday' is music (kids singing "Happy Birthday to You")." "Little birds make music (bird whistling) ... so do Big Birds! (Big Bird singing "La-la-la ...")"
*Herry humming "Elmo's Song" (which is the melody to Elmo's World, of course) and then Elmo joins in... but at the end, Elmo screws up on the last note.

~Ben

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it was cleared for the 40th anniversary set... a couple bars of Happy Birthday were left in tact (from what I know) in "If I knew you were coming, I'd've baked a Cake."

Still... the death clock on that copyright everyone's just counting down until they have to stop paying royaltees on basically a song that SHOULDN'T be still copyrighted.

Get this... they're owned by the same Scrooges that bought up all those Christmas songs which should ALSO be public domain by now.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Get this... they're owned by the same Scrooges that bought up all those Christmas songs which should ALSO be public domain by now.
Wait, wait-wait-wait, what what what? n What Christmas songs did those idiots copyright?! Christmas songs SHOULD be public domain!

BigBirdABCDEFGH

Reaction score
One part of this particular segment is devoted to a bunch of people playing the "Alphabet Song/Twinkle Twinkle Little Star/Baa Baa Black Sheep" melody.

It starts first with a black boy with a mohawk playing a piano; then goes to a black girl with braids playing a violin; then shifts to some white kids playing recorders (flutes, that is); then we see a different set of white kids playing kazoos; and then we see yet another group of white kids singing "La-la-la" and the finale goes to an elementary school symphony orchestra full of violin, viola and cello players.

~Ben