Elmo's World People in Your Neighborhood and Elmo's Travel Songs and Games

Dantecat

Reaction score
Just Wanted to let you know that I rented Elmo's World People in Your Neighborhood DVD at the library and it had the 2 Classic People in Your Neighborhood Song Skits in Elmo's World People in Your Neighborhood which contains the segments:Firefighters(Right After the firefighter skit has Bob Singing The Doctor and The Postman from around Season 1),Doctors(Right After the doctors skit has Maria singing about The Pilot and The Nurse between the early or mid 70's which I don't remember seeing),and It also has Helping which don't come after anything.So Just so you all know that it's NOT on the bonus features.Just The 1 with Ben Stiller and Elmo Says Achoo Book on the bonus features section.Check it out!:smile::news::wisdom:

By the way,Anybody know what skits are on Elmo's Travel Songs and Games?Because on Muppet Wiki it just has:

Animation:The Twiddlebugs try to fix their tire
Song:Go Before You Go
Forty Block From My Home(Added Vocals By Elmo and Abby)
Animation:Cecille sings I'm Gonna Get to You
The Bear Went Over the Mountain

It also has the original 1970 Version of Goin' For a Ride since it has the preview of Elmo's Travel Songs and Games on that DVD.So,Does it have anything else on it that you might know who ever saw it?Because none of the libraries where I'm at don't have that kind of tape but hopefully it will someday.Please let me know.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That's good to know, though I am a little confused. So are you saying that the classic "People in Your Neighborhood" clips are just parts of the clips or the whole segments? It's good to know that at least part of the original "People in Your Neighborhood" is finally on video.

Also, you mentioned some Elmo's Travel Songs and Game preview featuring Goin' for a Ride. I haven't seen any such preview.

Still, it's good to know there's a few more season one segments on DVD, and on ones aimed at the current target audience, too!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You know, I wonder if there are other Elmo's World videos with additional segments. The Muppet Wiki pages don't mention any other segments, but I'm sure many fans who would contribute to the wiki wouldnt bother with the Elmo's World DVDs, thinking the thre Elmo's World episodes are all the contents.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Some of my Local Library's carry this DVD fairly recently so hopefully yours will carry them just to check the out.Here are the skits in the Elmo's Travel Songs and Games DVD.:news:

Song:When you got to go to the bathroom(Never heard of this one as I know since the skit is about a boy going on a school trip to the zoo)
Abby and Elmo play Cars
Film:Looking for Rectangles(Maria's Voiceover replaced by Elmo and Abby
Film:Looking for Triangles(Maria's Voicedover replaced by Elmo and Abby
Film:Looking for all 4 shapes(Never seen this one)
Song:I'm in Great Shape
Animation:Twiddlebugs try to fix their flat tire
Cecille sings I'm gonna get to you
A Father helps her Daughter plays a game of store signs in the bus
Song:40 Blocks From My Home(Almost Full Version including 3 scenes edited which are the 11 12 13 scene,the 31 32 33 34 scene and the other part including now everybody's counting up 36 37 38 by seeing Elmo and Abby singing the scenes while you'll still hear the original version)
Song:The Bear Went Over The Mountain(Baby Bear walking over different Mountains
Ernie & Bert:Rhyming Game(1975 or 1976)(Few Sound Effects Added)
Film:Clouds of Train,Drum,Dog,Boat,Bell,and Dolphin(Don't Remember Seeing This)
Film:90's Version of City Alphabet(The Guy's Voice is replaced by Elmo and Abby's and Sound Effects Added from the letters that are zooming on screen)(Not The Original 1969-1970 Version)
Film:Letter M Stores(Little Kids Voiceover's Replaced by Elmo and Abby's)
Animation:Alphabet Town(New Skit I don't remember seeing before)
Film:Hip Hop City Street on a Number 8
Anything Muppets Singing Goin' For a Ride(Full Version and It Plays During The Closing Credits of The End)

P.S.The Storyline Plays 99 Bats in my car that The Count sings from the Sing Along Travel Songs CD and After The Credits and The Goin' For A Ride Song,Be Sure to catch The Count's Last Line:1 Last Bat in my car.Also Prairie Dawns Voice is totally replaced from the CD.So Check it out It's not too bad with a few decent skits.Let me know what you think!:batty::laugh:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Just when you least suspect it, they put some classic clips you'd never expect to see a modern DVD.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
After reading the full sketch listing, I am still unsure as to whether I want this. It's good that it has a fairly decent number of classic clips, but Going for a Ride is the only classic clip not previously released on DVD. One one hand, that clip can be viewed at sesamestreet.org, but on the other hand, it's not often you see a season one clip on a DVD not intended for collectors, and I'd like to support DVDs with first season material. Decisions, decisions.

I actually bought Elmo's World: People in Your Neighborhood, and it actually is worth it. If it didn't have the classic "People in Your Neighborhood" segments I probably wouldn't have bothered, but it's great to finally see the original version in full. I guess it was sort of a "holy grail", though clips from that had been featured in a number of things (the A&E special, the "People's Profiles" special on Jim Henson, and one of the "My Favorite Sesame Street Moments" intros) and that version had been on a number of audio releases (well, like with most of the first albums tracks, the TV version's audio is a little different from the album, though the performers are the same).

And that other version of the song is good. There's a funny joke told by the pilot at the beginning, which Maria (thought she) knew the answer to. I would think this was an old joke, but this is the first I've heard it. The joke was "What has four wheels and flies? A garbage truck" (it took a minute for me to get the joke). Compared to Bob, Maria seems to give a serious reaction to the various puns.

But those alone make the DVD worth it. Neither segment had been available at sesamestreet.org, and apparently none of the fans had copies of either.

This has sort of been a good year for video releases of classic content. Too bad the Learning Letters with Elmo DVD doesn't have any classics (that's sort of an assumption; I'm not sure whether the sketch listing at Muppet Wiki is complete, though I found an online review which confirms the DVD doesn't feature many letters).