EM.TV to sell 49.9% of Henson to Dean Valentine

beaker

Reaction score
I just look forward to the day when the JHC is a strong corporation and owns itself...this is just rediculous.

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
The Henson projections which enabled EMTV to make such a high offer for the company were named as one of those those that Haffa was (allegedly) fiddling, and continued to (allegedly) fiddle back in Germany after the sale. I'm not suggesting Henson people were part of it but it'll all definitely get brought up in court. You haven't heard of the investor meeting where Haffa held up the JHC financial projections for 2002/3 for like 0.23 seconds and then practically wet himself when asked to give people a better look ? :big_grin:

Luke, I have read many of your analyses of what's up with Henson, and you are VERY close to being right on the money. What you still don't quite grasp is that most of the crowd at Henson are full of BS. They threw that BS at EMTV and EMTV bought it, hook line and sinker. From what I've read of his interviews on the supposed "sale", Valentine has bought that BS too. Only Disney has the lowdown and THAT, my friend, is why it has yet to make a serious offer on the company. It's dealt with the Henson Co. before, and it knows how it operates. No wonder Diz is being cautious! :wink:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by murgatoad
Valentine has bought that BS too. Only Disney has the lowdown and THAT, my friend, is why it has yet to make a serious offer on the company. It's dealt with the Henson Co. before, and it knows how it operates. No wonder Diz is being cautious! :wink:
Clouded, become we have as Yoda would say. On these forums
it is a joke...we sit here trying to analyze, whine, through our cynicism that 'the Muppets had their day', blah blah blah.

When most of the Muppet fan public at large could give a rat's about who owns the Muppets, backstage politics, etc. We get sucked into a vacuum on here...and that's fine.

But really, the only thing that matters is the Muppets. Screw foreign politics, financial inproprieties, ratings debates, etc.
At the heart of the matter, at the end of the day...it is simply all about being a fan. HEres a Muppet Newsflash folks: A good 97.999% of Muppet fans have no idea who the heck "EM.TV" is, or that the JHC is even in financial trouble/now owned by themselves.

Everytime I wear my Muppet shirts I get very wide eyed compliments...some say they cant wait for the Muppets to make a comeback, others never knew they were out of the spotlight.

EM.TV, Kirch Media, JHC, CTW/SW, Disney, etc...who gives a crud.
Sesame Street IS the Muppets and will always be JHC to most of us. EM.TV can never take that away. So they wanna sell Creature Shop? That will always be JHC to us fans. These political and corporate lines dont matter to me and most fans. It's all jargon.

I mean if we wanna talk about what is, shoulda woulda coulda, could be, etc etc...we can talk about how JHC is actually one of the biggest media companies today. What? Yeah...didnt you know technically Bob the Builder is Henson?(HIT...what, ya didnt know that originally stood for 'Henson International'?)
Sesame Street, as succesful as ever.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
haha it may be jargon! who knows! it's really......

CORY LANGUAGE AHHHHH RUN SAVE YOURSELF!

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
haha it may be jargon! who knows! it's really......

CORY LANGUAGE AHHHHH RUN SAVE YOURSELF!
...Cory?

How does he do it?

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by BoyRaisin2
...Cory?

How does he do it?
I don't know myself...word has it he is all that is left between the fabric of time as we know it and the deep chasm of entropy.
Err, at least that's what the word on 'the street' is. You never know how accurate Oscar's trash can communications center is.

kansasteen14

Reaction score
Originally posted by monkeymuppet
I was searching for more information about Valentine and the sell on the internet. He's some random stuff I found.

While at Disney, Mr. Valentine was responsible for picking such shows as "Home Improvement," "Soul Man," "Recess," "Pepper Ann," running established series and dragging the company (often kicking & screaming) to try more edgy and sophisticated Original for Video Animated productions (OVAs).

While there Mr. Valentine developed the reputation of being an intelligent, creative executive who respected talented artists and understood their needs in order to create great work.

''The Muppets has a great tradition but probably doesn't have the audience it should,'' said Bill Cella, chairman of Interpublic Group's Magna Global. ''The thing is, there's a lot of kids' programming out there. He's going into a very competitive environment.''

Mr. Valentine views the Jim Henson assets as the basis for a startup production venture whose initial focus would be on direct-to-video releases, the Hollywood Reporter said Dec. 6.
No direct to video crap