EM.TV to Sell Muppets to Jim Henson's Children for $89 Million

Movies205

Reaction score
I HAVE RETURNED!

That RIGHT MOVIES205 HAS RETURNED! :smile: This is awesome news.. but we need to think about the future... If you think about it, it a bit wierd that 3 years ago the Muppets were worth 680 mil and now they are 89 mil. Jim Henson Family is going need to bring the muppets back to there popularity, and it possible. Now as for the whole Fox vs NBC debate... Here my take on the channels...:

FOX: It is right now the best place for the muppets because like stated before it edgy but not so edgy that it not family entertainment. Fox works like this if it survives more than one season it probelry going last a long time. Shows like Greg the Bunny or Fastlane got cancel after one season, but shows like Malcom in the Middle, Simpsons, 24, and others last for a long time. I think with FOX they won't restrict the muppets but it will certainly cancel it fast if it doesn't produce good ratings. As for Reality TV, FOX produces the best of them and will surely dump them when the fad goes away.

NBC: It still has some comedy sit-coms but sadly most of them are being canceled... Just Shoot Meand Friends are going to end this year. I fear that Frasier will soon follow, IMDB.com has Frasier ending in 2004... I think it switching more to dramas, with great shows like Mr. STerling and Crossing Jordans. NBC is making the switch to dramas and there not much room on the network for the Muppets they just don't fit well...

ABC- It full of sitcoms and a couple of dramas like Dragnet and NYPD Blue but nothing that memorable other than Dragnet... ABC needs to get back on track and quick...

WELL I'M BACK!!!

ScottJoy

Reaction score
I love it when wonderful news comes unexpectedly! Welcome home, Muppet characters!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't think that Fox only has good programming on one night of the week. They have many shows going strong: The Simpsons, Malcolm in the Middle, Boston Public, 24, That '70s Show, King of the Hill and Mad TV. They also have new interesting shows like Jon Doe, The Bernie Mac Show, Fastlane, Wanda at Large and Oliver Beane.

If you ask me, ABC has fewer number of hits and keeps churning out the According to Jim and My Wife and Kids bland cookie-cutter sitcoms along with reality television that rivals anything Fox can dream up. They're also trying to kill one of the best shows on their network, The Practice. That's a huge silver lining about Disney not getting the Muppets. At least they wouldn't have to be on such a sinking ship of a network. Trained monkeys, I tell you! LOL!

The more it is discussed, the more I am confident that Fox is the right place for the Muppets right now. I'm behind the idea 100%. About Greg the Bunny - well, I have a feeling that it wasn't ratings that got it axed. The situation smacks of something else happening behind the scenes. Maybe they dropped Greg because they picked up the Muppets. Who knows.

beaker

Reaction score
All I know, is the Muppets are back where they belong! We can talk about strong backing and all...but let us bask in this honeymoon celebrational phase and enjoy the moment^_^;;

Jennifer12

Reaction score
I'm with Beaker

It's good news, and Jim seemed to do pretty well getting the muppets out there when he ran the company without Disney. I know the market has changed, but I think with the current state of the world we need the optimisim of the Muppets.

Whatever side of the political fence you may be on (or maybe you are balancing on top of the fence), I think we can all agree that the last few years have been rather turbulent. I for one would be quite happy to see the muppets cracking-wise and singing on any network. It would be a welcome change from the cynical reality shows.

Now that brings a new concept: Muppet Reality TV....I'll have to think on that one....

Movies205

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I don't think that Fox only has good programming on one night of the week. They have many shows going strong: The Simpsons, Malcolm in the Middle, Boston Public, 24, That '70s Show, King of the Hill and Mad TV. They also have new interesting shows like Jon Doe, The Bernie Mac Show, Fastlane, Wanda at Large and Oliver Beane.

If you ask me, ABC has fewer number of hits and keeps churning out the According to Jim and My Wife and Kids bland cookie-cutter sitcoms along with reality television that rivals anything Fox can dream up. They're also trying to kill one of the best shows on their network, The Practice. That's a huge silver lining about Disney not getting the Muppets. At least they wouldn't have to be on such a sinking ship of a network. Trained monkeys, I tell you! LOL!

The more it is discussed, the more I am confident that Fox is the right place for the Muppets right now. I'm behind the idea 100%. About Greg the Bunny - well, I have a feeling that it wasn't ratings that got it axed. The situation smacks of something else happening behind the scenes. Maybe they dropped Greg because they picked up the Muppets. Who knows.
That is interesting, maybe Greg the BUnny was just to test out if puppets still could sell? I mean they had some semi-big names like Eugine Levy and Seth Green I'm sure they ask for more than the avg buck... With the muppets coming in, why have 2 shows I suppose... But this is all speculation... Well hopefully audiences take well a new muppet show...

beaker

Reaction score
Re: I'm with Beaker

Originally posted by Jennifer12
I think with the current state of the world we need the optimisim of the Muppets.

I for one would be quite happy to see the muppets cracking-wise and singing on any network. It would be a welcome change from the cynical reality shows.
Oh my, it is like a glorious chorus in this thread! Indeed, we can get caught up in our grown up lives, geo political upheaival and turmoil on the news, cynicism...but it all goes back to basic tenets echoed before...JH's quote about making the world a better place, Kermit's dream in TMM, Madam Trasheap's words of wisdom in FR. One hting has always and will always be certain...the Muppets are one of the few things we can count on being right with this crazy world, and for them to be back to where they belong...with the goal of spreading the love, wonder, imagination, and wackyness.

I think if the world were more like Sesame Street, we wouldn't have so many problems...and it makes my heart sing to hear
other folks on here look past all the political and financial wrangling and see what really matters most.
now then...*does a celebrational dance for the buyback*
the Mouse and the EMTV has been slayed!

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
I don't really have time to read all these post right now (but I will later) but I need to say this to everyone................

THERE IS A GOD.

if you don't believe in God, please add you preferred higher power in place of it. :wink:

Thank you Hensons, for giving us hope for a Muppety future.

beaker

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: I'm with Beaker

Originally posted by BoyRaisin2
Don't forget Dean Valentine!
Heh, well I never really believed he was truly going to be allowed to finalize. But man, to think how *close* we came to a Disney buyout, ack! :eek: