Eminem & Avenue Q on MTV VMA's!

beaker

Reaction score
It doesnt get any weirder than this...

While the headline will be 'Madonna bump and grinds and makes out with Britney and Aguilera', for us Muppet fans it will be Eminem and his stage antics with Avenue Q's Ed puppet.

(from cnn.com)
"I got into this little anger management program ... and today I stand before you a changed man," said Eminem, onstage with the puppet Ed from the off-color, off-Broadway musical, "Avenue Q."

"Working with Ed has taught me that puppets, just like people, have feelings, too," Eminem said gently -- before attacking the puppet for being too talkative.

Though, Im quite sure Sesame Street itself will be keeping a long distance between themselves and the slim shady.

fragglerockr

Reaction score
Eminem...

Boy,

Did CNN screw that up...the Puppet 'Ed' that Eminem was fighting with was from 'Crank Yankers' not 'Avenue Q'. Kinda funny though...more free publicity for Avenue Q!!!!

Fragglerockr

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Eminem and Elmo...now that would be a VERY special Sesame Street. :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that puppet was from the "trying to hard to be outrageous" Crank Yankers. What can you expect from a group of people that brought us the Man Show and Jimmy Kimmel's program on ABC. Wake me when it's over. The puppets are cool looking even if the humour is that of an elementary school kid. It would have been great if Eminem had Triumph on, but I guess he's still frightened of him. :wink:

beaker

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
Yeah, that puppet was from the "trying to hard to be outrageous" Crank Yankers. What can you expect from a group of people that brought us the Man Show and Jimmy Kimmel's program on ABC. Wake me when it's over. The puppets are cool looking even if the humour is that of an elementary school kid. It would have been great if Eminem had Triumph on, but I guess he's still frightened of him. :wink:
D'oh! I was going purely off the cnn article on the show...so I saw the word's "Avenue Q" and was like 'whats up?'. Maybe it was wishful thinking, heh.

Yeah it was weird seing Triumph the dog in a Muppet film tho(VMC)

inturnaround

Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed the blunder from the AP as soon as it went out over the wire.

I would say that the best bet "Avenue Q" has to make it on TV is Conan O' Brien. His show showcases the up and coming often and the subject matter would appeal to the people who watch his show (including me!).