1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Emmet Otter Christmas Menu

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Our third Christmas menu of the holiday season just went on-line on Muppet Central's home page. Join Emmet Otter, Ma Otter and friends from "Emmet Otter's Jug-band Christmas". Let us know what you think about our latest holiday menu designed by James Carroll.

We'll be adding new home page menus every few days throughout the holiday season. From December 21st to December 25th, everyone will be able to vote here on the forum for their favorite Christmas menu. Whichever one is your favorite, we'll put up after Christmas until New Year's Day.

Merry Christmas everyone!
  2. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Fantastic! Another job well done, Jamie!

:D
  3. radionate

radionate New Member

Jamie,

My favorite Muppet Special, and my favorite MC menu so far. Ab Fab! :D
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

5. Luke

Luke Active Member

Are you sure they're Otters and not Beavers masquerading as Otters ? I thought i'd typed the wrong address and come to 'Beaver Central', either that or the Muppets had been eaten by mutant beavers wearing wooly hats. Maybe the Otters had a union and the Henson's couldn't afford the fee's so they used a talented group of Beavers to film the entire special and hoped nobody noticed .... take no notice, i'm delirious !

Is that an Otter playing the washboard just above 'articles' ? How fantastic - i wonder what he's doing nowdays. Probably a tour manager for Puff Daddy or something.

Incredibly nice menu Jamie, y'see snow, wooly hats, cute fluffy wuffy creatures ... you are definitely on the right track. We like 'Gratuitous Otters' almost as much as ........... :p
  6. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

This menu is sooo cool! it's made perfectly! Jamie always get's all the charcter's and put's them the way fan's would want to see them, on top of that it helps that he IS a muppet fan;-)

I love the moving kermit on bike and river bottom nightmare band in car!

What's next?!?! it's like a opening up a chirstmas gift everytime! great work!

Zack,
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Unforutnaltely, a Fraggle menu is not planned for this year, but Fraggle Rock has a small part to play in one of the three remaining menus. Wembley was included in the first menu in the series (Muppet Family Christmas). They were in the original plans, but were cut due to time constraints. I'm having to create these in a fraction of the time that the others were made. Next year three will be twice as many menus.
  8. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I love it, only it is sooo freaky when the River Bottom gang come driving in!!!
  9. Very cool, Jamie... :)

Now, next week, will you have an Emmy Otter Jugband Christmas menu? :D

:p
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'll take it you meant "There will be twice as many!" Cuz if three were twice as many, then we'd have like one and a half menus.

Jus kidding. Great job as always!
  11. CaptCrouton

CaptCrouton New Member

Here's a thought

Since you made so many cool Christmas menus, why don't you replace the other title bars as well. Then you could use Emmett (spelling?) on the forum page, and MCC on the News page. Then by next year all of Muppet Central would have a Christmas makeover.

Fantastic job. I'm getting a web domain for Christmas. Can you recommend a method of learning this html stuff?
  12. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Macromedia's Dreamweaver comibined with a good basic book on HTML would be a great place to start learning the web basics. Once you have done that then you can explore Macromedia Flash and other interesting things. It's really not that hard. File size compression and working out the best design strategy is the hard part.
  13. CaptCrouton

CaptCrouton New Member

Cool, thanks for a good lead. I'll look into it.
  14. Sunshineboz

Sunshineboz New Member

Wow Jamie, that's wonderful. And EOJBC is one of my most favorite Muppet specials!
    Have you started using Macromedia Studio MX? I can get it if you like, no prob.
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Thanx. I have MX but haven't transferred all my files to it yet. Still some things I'm working out. :)
  16. The Flying Sheep

The Flying Sheep New Member

Tell me, Jamie what are the other menus gonna be?
  17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Well I can't tell you yet! But there are three menus left. We are only half way through them. The last one was completed late last night. Wheew. (Sigh of relief). The next menu will debut later this week. Watch for it! It's got some fun surprises.

I couldn't include Bells of Fraggle Rock, Christmas on Sesame Street and other classic bits this year, but they are definitely on the radar for next year and many of the characters are included in this year's line-up. Can't do it all this year. :)