Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas

maxdrive

Reaction score
This used to be shown on Nick all the time this and the one about the toys that are a live

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
maxdrive said:
This used to be shown on Nick all the time this and the one about the toys that are a live
No that was the "Christmas Toy" special, or "The Secret Life of Toys" TV show (both had the same characters). Nick use to show them durring the early 90's they were about toys who came to life. It too was a great Henson project.

Emmet Otter was also shown on Nick around the same time. It was about an Otter, his mother, and friends as they enter a tallent show. For more information read this: http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/reviews/merchandise/emmet_otter_dvd.shtml

maxdrive

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
No that was the "Christmas Toy" special, or "The Secret Life of Toys" TV show (both had the same characters). Nick use to show them durring the early 90's they were about toys who came to life. It too was a great Henson project.

Emmet Otter was also shown on Nick around the same time. It was about an Otter, his mother, and friends as they enter a tallent show. For more information read this: http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/reviews/merchandise/emmet_otter_dvd.shtml
I know they were two diffrent shows I jsut meant nick used to show both of them durieng cristmas i remeber both so clearly.

frogfandavid

Reaction score
Does'nt look like it will be on this year , not in the listings , but you can always get the dvd .......

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
frogfandavid said:
but you can always get the dvd .......
The DVD is out of print now, and is getting harder and harder to find (and if y u do find it the price is rising fast too). I saw it the other day in a store for $30

HIT! Entertainment now has the distribution rights to the special (it is part of the family showcase they got rights to unitl 2009). I talked to them and they said right now they have no set plans to rerelease it on DVD right now, but would like to release a DVD before their contact with Henson is up in 2009, but don't expect anything anytime soon. With Fraggle Rock, Mother Goose Stories, Secret Life of Toys, and Christmas Toy DVDs all rumored to be in the works by HIT! for 2005/2006 releases it will probally be awhile until they get around to Emmet Otter; but they said they do hope to give that special the proper DVD treatment (maybe uneditied?) while they have the power (it just may take a while; so maybe not until '07 or '08).

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
i went to my Amazon.com Home Page and under recommedations they had Emmitt Otters Jug Band right there and they want 39.44 for it

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Emmet Otter Returns Next Christmas!

GelflingWaldo said:
they said right now they have no set plans to rerelease it right now, but would like to release a DVD before their contact with Henson is up in 2009.
I contacted them again today (a little over a month since last time), and asked if there were any news on Emmet Otter (DVD, VHS, TV airings). It looks like they now have a plan for Emmet, and the plan is to release it sooner, rather than later. The responded with this great news:

--
Thank you for contacting us. We are looking into releasing Emmet
Otter's Jugband Christmas on VHS/DVD Fall 2005. We are also looking into deals for TV airings for the 2005 holiday season.

Thank you for your interest in HIT Entertainment.

Kris
HIT Entertainment Consumer Relations

--

It looks like next Christmas HIT! will give us Emmet again (along with Fraggle Season 1, possible Secret Life of Toys, and maybe even more Mother Goose Stories). All this along with the Muppet Show DVDs Disney is working on; I'm sure Christmas 2005 will be a fun one for Muppet fans.

But I think the letters, phone calls, and e-mails about getting the unedited version should start before it is too late. I also wonder if any special features will be encluded on the dvd?

Wow, this is great news for those who missed the release the first time (and even those who didn't) Next Christmas we'll have Emmet Otter again!