Emo question

Ventrilotwist

Reaction score
This was not what I intended to do at all, but now I'm considering making some replicas of my own. I don't expect them to be amazing, but I want to try it out. Can anyone tell me what kind of material covers Elmo's body? It appears Elmo has changed a bit over time so past and present would be great.

Ooops...Emo question? I have friends who can answer those. This is why I shouldn't post at 4 in the morning.

GabeFirestone

Reaction score
um...?

i think he is made out of "novaltie" material. not a faux fur, but a red, fuzzy material. you could probably find this at a joanne fabrics... :sing:

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
his fur is a custom job, it used to be a high quality Faux fur , but that prodcut is no longer availible, it is now a cutom dyed Red fur, that is then treated and distressed by the puppet builder, as a puppet ages it also changes its look (getting more dirty etc.etc.),

basicly you will not find the exact thing at a Fabric shop, but you will find a reasonable faxcimile

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Yep, what he said.

On another note, I thought the title of this thread was very funny. I have a buddy at work who does a great impression of emo-kids. Not that there's anything wrong with them, this guy is just funny.