Eric Jacobson as Cookie Monster

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I can't think of one character that I didn't recognize was voiced by Jim Henson immediately.
Right. lol Well Jim did to all the voices for The Muppets during Sam & Friends as well as most of the commercials in the 50s and 60s. Then Jerry Juhl (who basicly has 5 voices lol A little boy, a little girl, Grump on Ed Sullivan, A mad scientist in commercials and of course Temanella lol) and afterwords when he had his confidence in performing his voices Frank Oz, then Jerry and all the others.

But speaking of Matt Vogel, it's very ironic that he took over Jerry's Muppet Show characters shortly after Jerry's passing. But it's great that Jerry's characters can live on. Plus didn't Bill Beretta take over Lew Zeland for It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie? That was the first time I noticed Jerry's characters being replaced.

But yeah, Eric Jacobson does really well with Frank's characters. I still remember watching the Ernie & Bert GPS commercial and just hearing Bert getting mad and screaming at Ernie, that was the first time I ever seen an angry Bert performed by Eric. Amazing. If you never seen the commercial, it's on the web somewhere. It's really funny and true to the spirit of the original Ernie and Bert trademark comedy. Which of course I really really miss. They were my favorite on Sesame and still are too. In my opinion the claymation versions in the current Sesame and Journey To Ernie, I personaly didn't like. That wasn't the Ernie & Bert I knew where Ernie makes a huge mess trying to find something to write a shopping list which resulted to chocolete pudding and Bert remark "I guess he's improving, last time he used Spagetti Sause" lol. Good Times.

But like relating to all of this, you just can't beat the originals. But it's great the characters are still continuing because it just builds the fanbase more and more and I think that's how Jim Henson wanted it after his passing. :smile: