Ernie imitates a dragon.

wiley207

Reaction score
Here's a funny little Ernie and Bert skit I made up. It's set to take place in 1969, and have the original versions of the characters. It also uses the device where Ernie watches one of the Sesame cartoons on TV. Well, enjoy! :stick_out_tongue:

1969 ERNIE AND BERT SKIT – ERNIE PRETENDS TO BE A DRAGON

We see an animated old-fashioned steam locomotive zoom toward the screen with a number “6” on its front. Then we fade to psychedelic backgrounds as the numbers one to ten flash by on the screen, while a groovy music number plays. Then two African-American hands appear. Grace Slick’s voice sings, “One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten,” while the fingers count out ten and the numbers appear above the hands. Then the psychedelic backgrounds and flashing one-to-ten numbers appear and then ten race cars all line up on a white background, numbered one to ten, as Grace sings again, “One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten!” Then against a fancy background, a white “6” draws onto the screen, and the fancy colors switch to a red screen as Grace says, “six.” This is one of the old 1969 “Jazzy Spies” animated skits.

A die rolls onto the screen and lands with the six-side facing us, and a “6” pops out of it on a spring. As Grace keeps singing “six” several times, six legs appear. We zoom out to see they belong to a gray fly with green wings and yellow eyes and doing a little dance. The fly’s legs then slide up into its body and the fly flaps its wings a bit before as the fly draws out a big blue “6” numeral and disappears. “Six!” Grace says. As the music continues playing, the 6 begins to turn inside out and becomes a big green dragon with twelve legs. As it walks along, it breathes fire and has a big number “6” on its side. Grace then sings, “SI-I-I-I-IX!” Suddenly the dragon’s skin begins to catch fire. Then, the dragon’s body, which is nothing but a costume, burns away, to reveal six men walking together, with the front man’s arms raised and the others in a pushing motion. “Siiiix,” Grace croons, and then a black “6”slides in from the left and grows a vacuum on its end, sucking up the men. We truck into the 6. “Six.”

More psychedelic backgrounds appear and the numbers one to ten flash by again, as we slowly truck out, to reveal Ernie and Bert watching this on their TV set. Ernie is wearing his old pink-and-red shirt and has his original pink nose. On the TV, the ten cartoon spies appear, opening their jackets to reveal the numbers.

Grace: (on the TV) One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, NINE, ten…

Then the spies fade away and the numbers zoom to make the screen black. Ernie shuts off the TV.

Ernie: Boy, that dragon was cool, wasn’t it, Bert?

Bert: Ernie, that was only six people in a dragon suit.

Ernie: I know, but I could impersonate a dragon, complete with fire-breathing action!

Bert: Yeah, that’s nice. Now let me read my romance novel. It’s SO boring, I love it!

Ernie: OK, then… (runs off)

Bert: Now how do you like that? Ernie still can’t tell the difference between TV and real life.

Suddenly, a dragon runs in! It’s merely Ernie with green wings and a dragon mask on. You can see his mouth through the mask.

Ernie: ROOAAAAAAAAAAAR! I’m a DRAGON!

Ernie actually breathes fire, right onto the couch!

Bert: AAAAH! ERNIE! (he gets out a fire extinguisher and squirts it at the couch, dousing the blaze and causing a mess of foam on the couch) Great! Now I have to get this fire extinguisher recharged!

Ernie: But Bert… (removes his dragon mask) How did you know it was ME?

Bert: It was obvious, since I heard you talking about it before you left, and I recognized your voice. Wait a second… how did you actually breathe out fire?

Ernie: Simple… I used this blowtorch! (holds up the torch)

Bert: Ernie! (swipes away the torch) You should be careful with fire! People could get hurt!

Ernie: Sorry, Bert. Look, at least we didn’t burn down the apartment!

Bert: Yeah, it’s a good thing.

Ernie: Cause if we did, we’d lose the bathtub!

Bert sighs at the camera as a comedic music cue is heard.