Ernie & Prairie Dawn

Nick22

Reaction score
when i was little, i loved prarie dawn!:smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
Sorry...I don't know why, but the idea of Prairie and Ernie in any sort of romantic relationship weirds me out a little. Forgive me.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Sorry...I don't know why, but the idea of Prairie and Ernie in any sort of romantic relationship weirds me out a little. Forgive me.
Well, romance on SS is really like first grade hold hands and sit at the same desk sort of romance at heart IMHO :flirt:

xochval15

Reaction score
As a kid I never saw Ernie and Prairie as anything more than just friends. Now as an adult, I can see all the "signs" that everyone refers to. I think everyone is looking way too far into something that was made to be a simple friendship. Unfortunately, we can't ask Jim what were his intentions for the SST characters.

StarrFilter

Reaction score
I've just been wondering about this for awhile. Did the CTW writers ever try to put a relationship between Ernie and Prairie Dawn? I've noticed this in the early SSL shows that they performed a number of song and dance duets together. Also, it seems that Prairie has some feelings for Ernie in a way. It's just a thought. And the same goes for Bert and Betty Lou.
i know exactly what you're talking about. they did have an innocent romance in the early years, but sesame producers decided against teaching "that kind" of love to preschoolers with the use of child muppet characters.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Hang on, How old is Ernie, as he lives without parents, and Prarie is only 7...

StarrFilter

Reaction score
Ernie is 5 or 6. I can't remember. I know Elmo, Zoe and Abby are 3. Rosita, Grover and Baby Bear are 4, Telly is 5, Big Bird is 6 and Prairie and Bert are 7

:stick_out_tongue:

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Elmo is 3 1/2, and according to various sources Zoe was designed as a female counterpart in the same age bracket, making her 3 1/2 too.

EDIT: WOO 400th post!

Redsonga

Reaction score
Ernie is 5 or 6. I can't remember. I know Elmo, Zoe and Abby are 3. Rosita, Grover and Baby Bear are 4, Telly is 5, Big Bird is 6 and Prairie and Bert are 7

:stick_out_tongue:
When did Big Bird age a year?:embarrassed: Ooops, never mind, I always thought the birthday episode was his 5th birthday...I was only seven myself then *hides*

StarrFilter

Reaction score
Elmo is 3 1/2, and according to various sources Zoe was designed as a female counterpart in the same age bracket, making her 3 1/2 too.

EDIT: WOO 400th post!
... right. i didn't think the half really mattered. sorry....