Ernie tries to buy a scale from Lefty

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yeah the ones you mentioned I recall from the early 70's. All of the Lefty ones I can think of were 70's (the empty box, the bottle of air, the picture of four elephants, the number 8, the scale, the invisible ice cream cone, the stop sign, the letter o, the letters r & p, and the two with his boss [the golden an,and the reciting of the alphabet]).
Imdb has Lefty listed as being performed by Frank Oz from 1970-198?). If they are correct, then the 80's did have at least one new Lefty sketch. I'd sure love to see that/those.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Oh I was lightened up. :smile: But it did look like you were serious. Either way's okie dokes with me, I just thought I'd weigh in. Classic SS is one topic I enjoy expounding on endlessly. And I see that you, like me, are one of the original SS viewers. Were you in New York back then? My early SS days were in Maryland. We moved to New York in '76.
I certainly was. I was born in Brooklyn U.S.A. (Rizzo the Rat's hometown). As you can tell by my age I literally grew up on Sesame Street. If they were to interview me for a Sesame Street moments segment I would have two. My first would be when Kermit sang "It's Not That Easy Bein' Green" for the first time on the street. That song was not just about the color green (my favorite color) but also about being yourself. My second moment would be when my daughter Megan discovered Elmo's World. I am a stay-at-home dad and naturally I watch it a lot with her I even took the Elmo's World song and dedicated it to her "la la la la Megan's World, la la la la Megan's World, Megan loves her daddy and mommy too, That's Megan's World!!!" :smile: I hope Elmo dosn't get too upset.

Censored

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
And that was a pretty nice observation about the scale, GeeBee (CM breaking Ernie's scale but Ernie saying he and Bert have a scale in this one. So if only Lefty had hit Ernie up at the right time. He could have been a whole nickel wealthier. :smile: ).

Thanks, Ziffel. I like to piece the skits together sometimes.