Ernie's own bedroom?

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
SesameMike said:
Now then, does anyone know the E+B sketch in which this line was spoken:

"Hey you guys. A dinosaur escaped from the museum, and ran right into your bedroom!"
I remember that one. Ernie and Bert were fighting over who got to sit in the chair to watch TV. Each one tricked the other into getting up and stealing the seat. Finally after much fighting they realized they could both fit in the chair. As they settled in, Herry Monster came in(old style with the blue nose instead of the purple nose) and said the line mentioned above. E&B went to check it out and Herry stole the seat. E&B squeezed in and all three were sitting in the same seat. Then I believe Ernie asked what they were watching. Bert replied "The Wonderful World Of Pigeons" and some other stuff you would expect Bert would watch. Ernie and Herry look at each other and leave Bert in the chair by himself.

superfan

Reaction score
Wasn't there a skit where Ernie is wakes up and realizes Bert isn't in bed, then Ernie goes through this whole imagined scenario where Bert has been captured by aliens and he'll never come back...but then Bert says that he was just making oatmeal in the kitchen? Did Ernie actually go to the kitchen while looking for Bert or did Bert come into the bedroom?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Yes, this skit exists, and Bert comes into the bedroom.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
Yes, this skit exists, and Bert comes into the bedroom.
Yes, and then Bert leaves and then the martians do appear. They phase through the wall, and Ernie yells to Bert "THE MARTIANS ARE HERE!!!" Bert then calmly asks "if they want any oatmeal".

superfan

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification on that one. Leave it to Frank Oz to get the last word in there! Well done!

ssetta

Reaction score
Actually, there was another E&B sketch that took place in their kitchen. It had yellow wallpaper, I can tell you that much. And Ernie made some apple pie for both of them, and he asked Bert if he wanted some, and he said something like, "Yes! Smell that apple pie!" And Ernie gives him the small piece of apple pie, and here's how it went from there:

B: Uh, Ernie, you gave me the small piece.
E: Yes, that is the small piece right there, and I think I will keep the big piece for myself.
B: Ernie, that's not polite. Okay, if I were offering you some apple pie, I would give you the big piece, and I would keep the small piece for myself.
E: But...you HAVE the small piece, Bert.
(clarinet closing outro plays)
B: Uh, what just happened here?

Anyone remember this?

Dantecat

Reaction score
I Remembered It And You Know It Was Shown On Noggin!