Every Muppet Show Episode on VCD

Luke

Reaction score
Well of course selling them for profit would be illegal, it's probably not such a good idea using the forum to hock pirate merchandise. Trading and duplicating for a friends personal use is so much nicer. :grouchy:

vcdworldwide

Reaction score
I think you'll find that selling them is not illegal, as they are from a tv source, if anyone tried to say it was illegal then so would be the selling of any episodes on video tape. It's exactly the same, just a different media. As 75 of the episodes aren't available on video or dvd, and most of the specials and pilots aren't available anywhere.

In reply to what i would charge, i have already said make me an offer. I have never sold a set, but bear in mind the amount of time to find every episode, transfer to disk and edit to try to make them better.
'trading and duplicating for a friend' is not nicer, you don't get anything for nothing in this world, and as i don't know anyone here then i can't call anyone 'friends'

The set can be viewed on dvd players and pc's.

If nobody is willing to make a sensible offer then i'll go elsewhere. I am not willing to give the set away or take blank disks.

C'mon guys, am i wasting my time or what?

Luke

Reaction score
...... umm it is supposed to be illegal to sell for profit anything 'off air' outside of personal use in any form of media. Admittedly it is legally cloudy though and not like pirating a commercial release. I guess we can take Alcatraz off standby. Generally people come here to chat and have fun rather than solely to make money from their stuff, Ebay kinda has a grip on that market - we do the whole friendly thing, hence the trading. :smirk:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
vcdworldwide said:
C'mon guys, am i wasting my time or what?
Yup. If all you came here for was to hock your goods, yup. BUT if you like sticking around and working with folks that's a different story.

I had a guy that accepted the cost of shipping and video tapes to get me the entire Muppets Tonight series. That's the way things work 'round here.

That and not saying:

'trading and duplicating for a friend' is not nicer, you don't get anything for nothing in this world, and as i don't know anyone here then i can't call anyone 'friends'
because hopefully you wouldn't be against the prospect of at least sticking around long enough to make some friends. Heck, some of us have known each other here for---how long? 5 years or more??

Erine81981

Reaction score
Yea don't come around here and try selling ur stuff for money thats like luke said its illegal. Come on trade or something and don't just leave and put them on ebay. Sorry I would like them Like i offerd I would trade any of my Faggle video (like record them) or My Dinsaurs video episodes. Make up ur mind ok.

Luke

Reaction score
........ oh jeez, what a loss to the forum ! :rolleyes:

Reaction score
vcdworldwide said:
I have all 120 episodes of the muppet show on vcd. All are excellent quality. Any interest?
i have fraggle rock on vcd i will trade you for muppets tonight and muppets i currently have 55 episodes if interested let me know

frogtownhollow

Reaction score
Luke said:
...... umm it is supposed to be illegal to sell for profit anything 'off air' outside of personal use in any form of media. Admittedly it is legally cloudy though and not like pirating a commercial release. I guess we can take Alcatraz off standby. Generally people come here to chat and have fun rather than solely to make money from their stuff, Ebay kinda has a grip on that market - we do the whole friendly thing, hence the trading. :smirk:

I totally agree with you, Luke. We are all friends here. VCDworldwide's last post was VERY un-friendly. I made a copy of a special for a total stranger on the board a while back, and I made friends with her over that.
I feel like Sam here :attitude: , but here goes...ahem..."We here at Muppet Central are a kind bunch, friendly to all."
So, in my opinion, if you are going to take that serious an attitude over selling a set of VCDs, (and be rude on top of all that) I think you are definitely wasting your time here, and should probably go somewhere like eBay. Your time will probably be better spent there. :smile:

kustomboy

Reaction score
vcd's are crap. horrible picture quality. lower than a vhs tape. Keep trading stuff on VHS or start putting stuff on dvd, but stay away from VCD's. Look at it this way, a dvd is 4.7GB. a regular audio cd (1 hour) is about 650MB, a vcd is audio and video at 650MB. The quality of vcd's are pure crap and should be avoided at all costs. I don't know why people would spend so much time transfering the muppet shows to vcd's and not dvd-r's. the only thing vcd's are good for are coasters.