Excavation starts at Stonehenge

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Well, I didn't go through the links, but if you go by the Bible/church history, NOBODY knows where Moses is buried (God buried him), and NOBODY knows where the Ark of the Covenant is. I can't say for sure about the rest of the stuff.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I couldn't find that information in the links anyway, Beaks. Although I only followed a few.

Davina

Reaction score
all i know is that it would be very difficult to chain yourself to stonehenge... as they don't allow anyone that close anymore... *sigh* I was out there back in '93 and it's all chained off and inside a nice big fence... they'll let you in the fence, but not past the barrier... too many idiots in the past defacing it.. *sigh* was a huge let down not to be able to walk amongst the stones or even touch them... ah well....

Garry Denke

Reaction score
Well if you think about it, the point of a lot of things was that we didn't know, before people found the answers. Now, whether people should be trying to uncover all the secrets of the world is a different question.
:wink: Still, the idea is kind of interesting.
A303 / A344 / A360 Stonehenge Improvement Programme

There are Three (3) Tunnels to dig (The Pagan, The Druid, and The Wiccan) and an Airman's Corner Stonehenge Visitor Centre to build by the 2012 Olympics.

Airman's Corner, Stonehenge - Google Maps

Stonehenge Three (3) Tunnels' Names:
A303 Stonehenge Tunnel Name - The Pagan Tunnel
A344 Stonehenge Tunnel Name - The Druid Tunnel
A360 Stonehenge Tunnel Name - The Wiccan Tunnel

Stonehenge Three (3) Tunnels' Lengths:
The Pagan at Stonehenge - 5.5 kilometres (3.4 miles)
The Druid at Stonehenge - 3.0 kilometres (1.9 miles)
The Wiccan at Stonehenge - 1.5 kilometres (1.0 miles)

Stonehenge Visitors' Centre Name:
Airman's Corner Stonehenge Visitor Centre

National Trust's going to Avenue Banks to withdraw Construction Funds from Heel Stone Vault for these Three (3) Tunnels and New Visitors' Centre next.

New dig probes Wiltshire's Stonehenge mystery (from This Is Wiltshire)

Heelstone dig Next:

Garry Denke - Stonehenge
Heel Stone Refraction Seismic
Denoco Inc. - Stonehenge
Heelstone Refraction Seismic

:smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hmmm...Interesting...

Who are you and why are you posting this facinating information anyway?

I'm royally freaked out still :stick_out_tongue:

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Hmmm...Interesting...

Who are you and why are you posting this facinating information anyway?

I'm royally freaked out still :stick_out_tongue:
It is kinda weird he joined MC just to post this stuff- double identity?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
That's what I thought too. He joined in '04 but his only post from then was also about Stonehenge. :/ I think we may have a fake account or a spammer on our hands.

So what do we do next?

Garry Denke

Reaction score
Now that Timothy Darvill, Archaeologist and Geoffrey Wainwright, Archaeologist have confirmed Stonehenge broadly mirrors South Wales geology as proposed by Garry Denke, Geologist in the '70s, here are more geological, paleontological, and geophysical papers from their reading list.

1) Denke, G.W. 1973. Stonehenge Phase I: An Openpit Coalfield Model; The First Geologic Mining School. (Indiana University of Pennsylvania) GDG, 73: 1-56.
2) Denke, G.W. 1975. Invertibrate Paleontology of the High Tor Limestone (Lower Carboniferous) and the Upper Senonian Chalk (Late Cretaceous) of Stonehenge. (Arizona State University) GDG, 75: 1-7.
3) Denke, G.W. 1977. Possible Source Areas of the High Tor Limestone (Early Mississippian) Fill of the Aubrey Holes and Heel Stone Ditch in Europe. (Arizona State University) GDG, 77: 1-24.
4) Beus, S.S. 1984. Fossil Associations in the High Tor Limestone (Lower Carboniferous) of South Wales. (Northern Arizona University) Journal of Paleontology, 58: 3; 651-667.
5) Denke, G.W. 1984. Mid-Dinantian (Waulsortian Facies) High Tor Limestone: The First Stones Transported to Stonehenge from the South Wales Coast. (Arizona State University) GDG, 84: 1-4.
6) Denke, G. 1984. Magnetic and Electromagnetic Surveys at Heelstone, Stonehenge, United Kingdom. (Indiana University of Pennsylvania) GDG, 84: 5-42.
7) Lees, A. and Miller, J. 1985. Facies variatian in Waulsortian buildups, Part 2; Mid-Dinantian buildups from Europe and North America. (Revised) Geological Journal, 20: 159-180.
8) Geologist, Denke, G. 1986. The Paleontology of Stonehenge, England. (Arizona State University) GDG, 86: 1-3. (State of Texas, County of Stonewall, Book 393, Pages 848-853)

http://www.archaeology.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=402&Itemid=26

Archaeology is a fascinating subject. Enjoy.