Eyelids?

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
I imagine you paint them..... ping-pong balls that is. :big_grin:

What do you use to give that glossy finish?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I've used plastic spoons before, but never thought of a clear plastic spoon!! I've always used white plastic spoons, and put a black pupil on that.

FOZ

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Puppetplanet said:
I imagine you paint them..... ping-pong balls that is. :big_grin:

What do you use to give that glossy finish?
Well, actually, I haven't been able to actually paint any of my eyes as of yet. On ANY of my puppets. But, I'd imagine someone would know. There's been threads that have popped up on here. I'll show you one of my puppets sometime.

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Well, actually, I haven't been able to actually paint any of my eyes as of yet. On ANY of my puppets. But, I'd imagine someone would know. There's been threads that have popped up on here. I'll show you one of my puppets sometime.

Whats wrong with now? I'd love to see one! :excited:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
The only thing to watch with paint and plastic is that a lot of paints won't adhere properly to plastic unless you sand it first. Of course if you sand the spoon and then painted it using Tztz's method the scratching on the surface of the plastic from the sanding will show.

What type of paint do you use Tztz?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Then, of course, there's always eyes like Floyd and Mahna-Mahna's!

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Then, of course, there's always eyes like Floyd and Mahna-Mahna's!
Yeah, but I can never find the right kind of sun glasses that wont show the fact that there arn't any eyes behind them! Kids sizes around these parts in florida have funky prints and such. :frown: :boo:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Puppetplanet said:
Yeah, but I can never find the right kind of sun glasses that wont show the fact that there arn't any eyes behind them! Kids sizes around these parts in florida have funky prints and such. :frown: :boo:
One of my characters has sun glasses without eyes behind them. He seems to work pretty well that way.

Also, with Floyd, :sing: they're not really sunglasses. It's cloth and foam (and feathers I assume for the eyebrows) so he can blink. I'd like to try doing one like that sometime.

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Hey yeah, that would be interesting. How exactly do people get the eyes and eyebrows to move up n down? I imagine it's some kind of wire or suck attached inside? But then how do you work the puppet? With two hands?

Lotta questions. :confused:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
There are different mechanisms to make eyes move and there are different ways to get the eyes (like floyds) to shut. I think they use a string attached to the tops of the eyes that he can pull down on somehow to get them to close, same with Mahna (I think 2 strings attached to a ring that the fingers go thru).

You don't have to have eyes behind sunglasses. A puppet of mine, Rocky Robin, has on shades and no eyes. Then, there's Ziltch The Monster who wears shades and has eyes. Just depends on what you're going for really.