Faffner Hall

The Storyteller

Reaction score
What ever happend to this show? :confused: I loved this show! It's was really cool, I loved the begining with the ghosts, Etc. :cry:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It last aired in the US on Odyssey in 1999-2000. It originally aired on HBO ten years earlier. It would make a nice DVD set if Henson ever decided to release it. If marketed well to music teachers and the like, it could have a nice niche market.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
I had a chance to watch the show on Odyssey (before my cable company dropped it), but unfortunately I was asleep each Saturday morning it was on. :smirk:

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
What was Faffner Hall? It really sounds familiar, but I don't recall anything about it, other than perhaps just hearing about it? It was a Henson production?

Luke

Reaction score
It was Henson production in the UK originally for CITV i think ? They played musical instruments and things. It was really good.

Luke

Reaction score
Ghost of Faffner Hall, The (1989)
Another passionate interest of Jim Henson was the power of music. This is reflected in The Ghost of Faffner Hall--a thirteen-part series made in England for Tyne Tees Television and HBO in 1989, produced by Jocelyn Stevenson.
Each episode of Faffner Hall combines puppet elements with location segments featuring major musicians from a variety of fields, from jazz to pop to classical. The puppet segments are set in Faffner Hall, a stately Victorian pile built as a monument to music by the eccentric Fughetta Faffner. When her great-great-grandnephew Farkas, a music hater, inherits the house, Fughetta's ghost is forced to work overtime to defeat his philistine plans for the building. In this she is aided by various Muppet allies as well as the musical guest stars.

Faffner Hall encouraged children to appreciate all the different kinds of music around them and to value their experiences as listeners as well as performers. Its musical curericulum was developed in consultation with Professor John Paynter, head of music at the University of York, and Canadian composer R. Murray Schaefer, and it featured musical guest stars from Dizzy Gillespie to the Scottish Chamber Orchestra to Ladysmith Black Mambazo.

Interesting it was produced by Jocelyn, i never knew that. She has been behind Fraggle and Hoobs as well, currently working over at HIT Entertainment i think.

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
Thanks, Luke! Wow, it sounds like a great show!

fozziecub

Reaction score
I remember that on CITV(childrens Independant Television UK) in the late 1980's, it used to be funny then, not seen it since I was like 14 :eek:

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
The Storyteller said:
What ever happend to this show? :confused: I loved this show! It's was really cool, I loved the begining with the ghosts, Etc. :cry:
Does Henson still have it or was that sold to Disney?

Luke

Reaction score
Yes Henson still own it, this one was not sold to Disney