1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fake Miss Piggy on eBay

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by charlie bird, Feb 29, 2012.

1. charlie bird

charlie bird Member

2. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

I can't tell if it is not the real Miss Piggy, but it is strange that they would bid her off.
  3. charlie bird

charlie bird Member

I agree completely.If I even had a good replica I would keep it forever.Miss piggy has allways been my favorite muppet.Sad to see she's not going to a museum if she is an origional.
  4. charlie bird

charlie bird Member

Also I am not aware of the Muppet studios having a department called "The puppet shop”, as it says in the description. This is either someone who is not too much of a Muppet fan ,or a scammer.Oh well, alls well that ends well,I guess...
  5. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Either way, it is still a good replica
  6. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Note that it refers to "authentic size"! I doubt this is original.Probably a Michael lisa creation.
  7. Animal31

Animal31 Active Member

Description states it was Custom-built for 4K, it looks liks it was fan made for his collection or whatever and now he needs the cash....
  8. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's definitely a fake. Look at the pictures at the bottom. Her leg bends weirdly because it's obviously a hollow tube. Her cleavage looks like it was borrowed from Lucy of Avenue Q. Her head is too short front to back. The eyes are a little too magic-marker-on-felt. The ears are kinda bunnylike.

I'd say it's a very good homebrew replica, but it could never be mistaken for one of the actual working puppets.
  9. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

So fake. It's a good replica but it's fake and not worth the money. Don't bid on it.
  10. Animal31

Animal31 Active Member

I'm confused, where did it ever state it was an actual Muppet? If anything, he may be plugging this Puppet Shop, but he never claimed it was an original?
  11. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

It says it is, but we can tell it's not true.
  12. Animal31

Animal31 Active Member

It said "New Authentic Life-Size", it doesn't necessarily state it is to be taken as an actual muppet?
  13. Slackbot

"New Authentic Life Size (40" x 12") Miss Piggy Puppet from The Muppets"

au·then·tic  [aw-then-tik]
    adjective
    1. not false or copied; genuine; real: an authentic antique.
    2. having the origin supported by unquestionable evidence; authenticated; verified: an authentic document of the Middle Ages; an authentic work of the old master.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  14. Animal31

Animal31 Active Member

Okay, so the guy gets points taken off for descriptive words. To me it would be the same as 1/1 scale...

I think you guys are reading way too much into it, just my opinion....
    Frogpuppeteer likes this.
  15. scandell

scandell Member

Come on guys. Am I the only one that can spot a fake Muppet a mile away? This looks nothing like the real Miss Piggy...
  16. Slackbot

Yeah, it's no biggie that he gives his auction an inaccurate title that could mislead someone into paying thousands more than the puppet is worth.
  17. scandell

scandell Member

I somebody looks at those pics and sees an authentic Henson Quality Muppet, then they deserve to get ripped off. Just sayin...
  18. Slackbot

Those who misrepresent their merchandise do not deserve to profit by it.
  19. Animal31

Animal31 Active Member

You are bidding on a New Authentic life size (40" x 12") Miss Piggy from The Muppets. It is made from The Puppet Shop with superior craftsmanship. Included are red custom dress, wig, pearl necklace, patent leather shoes, and arm movers. It is custom built. Original purchase price was $4,000 but was never used. This is a rare one of a kind item at a true bargain price.

We all can see it's not the real deal. Did anyone bother to read the rest of the description? Anyone buying a puppet for $1200 based on a title alone deserves what they get....read the entire auction

I'll still give him/her the benefit of the doubt, is he trying to make a sale (yes), is it worth $1200.00 (to someone, maybe), but I still think this is getting way more attention than it deserves...
    Frogpuppeteer likes this.
  20. charlie bird

charlie bird Member

Oh well I just thought it was something you all would enjoy seeing. It is definitely a good looking puppet though. Sorry for the miss understanding I might have caused.