Family Affair on DVD

Ziffel

Reaction score
I don't expect this will get much if any responses since to have seen this show you probably have to be just about as old as me. But I am enjoying very much season one on dvd that I got a couple weeks ago. I used to love this show when they showed it in reruns in the early 70's (original broadcast was 1966-1971). A little odd how after about 1975 it has received such little syndication, considering it was a popular show when originally aired. "The Brady Bunch", for instance, was also a family oreinted show, and also had the same run in years (1969-1974). And yet the Brady Bunch has always had tremendous rebroadcasting.
Anyway, wonderful to relive the lives of Buffy, Jody, Cissy, Uncle Bill and Mr. French once again. I did catch this show briefly on TV Land around 1998 but other than that it's been over 30 years.
In August I am equally looking forward to the first "Bill Cosby Show" from 1969-1971 on dvd. And just like "Family Affair", since it's from back then and since it hasn't been shown much in syndication, probably very few of you are familiar with it.