Family Food parody with Richard Dawson

Dantecat

Reaction score
How does this Segment go,What year was it,and Is Richard Dawson a human or a muppet?

Dantecat

Reaction score
Well That's True!Because He's From The Game Show Family Feud and I Thought that he might be a Muppet just like other Muppet Celebres when they make it different name like: Pat Playjacks,Velma Blank,Polly Darton,Miami Mice,etc.. :zany:

Dantecat

Reaction score
Oh,I only have two more questions about this segment.If This has Any Muppet Characters on there,Does Richard Kiss any girls like he always does on Family Feud?Does it have The Regular Family Feud Theme Song?How is that segment because rjschex has it.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I remember the skit, but I don't remember the great Dawson getting friendly with any of the Muppet ladies. When I first saw this skit I thought it was so cool! I loved Family Feud!

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's a cute segment, but it goes on far too long. It's not quite as snappy as it should have been, unlike, say, a Guy Smiley game show.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ironically, Caroll Spinney had a rather unpleasant experience with Richard Dawson once...

In his book, he writes about him and Oscar being on The Dinah Shore Show (he simply hid his bent elbow behind the seat he was sitting in, and having Oscar appear to be standing behind it, all of this while Richard Dawson was the guest before him; at one point, Caroll thought it would be a fun idea to try and have Oscar banter with Richard, so he had Oscar ask, "So Dawson, how's everything over at Hogan's Heroes? Heh-heh-heh!" Apparently Richard wasn't too happy with that, and as a result, neither Caroll or Oscar got a word in for the rest of the show: Richard was given the floor, kept it, and didn't give it back.

He clearly had mellowed quite a bit in his final years, but there are those stories that continuousloy circulate of him being something of an egotistical jerk who could be difficult to work with, and according to the stories, he wasn't proud of his work on Hogan's Heroes (though in his last interview, he speaks very highly of the show, and the people he worked with, and was happy to have been a part of it).

EDIT: Actually, here is the Family Food parody...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This segment is included on The Best of Sesame Street Spoofs! DVD (disc 1).