1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fan art

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Muppetaz, Apr 7, 2011.

1. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

2. Ruahnna

Ruahnna Well-Known Member

OMG--I laughed my, um--I laughed, okay? Like a MANIAC! Everywhere I looked, it just got better and better--Fozzie's head on Chewbaca's body, Beaker on C3PO, Honeydew on top of R2D2 (or would that be R2Honeydew?) And the whole Link/Luke thing and Strangepork's unnaturally large head...whew! I had actual tears in my eyes, dear--thank you, thank you! Star Boars forever!
  3. Muppetaz

Muppetaz Member

thank you, I call him Dr. HonD 2
  4. The Mush

The Mush New Member

GopherCoffee likes this.
  5. gojira54rules

gojira54rules New Member

Well, here's a Digital Painting I finished tonight of Jim Henson and Kermit The Frog:

Enjoy! :)
  6. ilovemusic

ilovemusic Active Member

The movin´ right along one is very, very cute! I also like how you drew the characters, they´re really good. (and I had to laugh about the grover one! I remember that clip from when I was a really lil' kid :) )
  7. newsmanfan

---------------------------------------
    New art I just drew and scanned for Newsie and Gina... but not from a story I'm willing to post here! Although I think I did a fair job portraying the two as a couple, fair warning: it is NOT PG rated. Not graphicly explicit, but not for the kiddies...

http://newsiefan.deviantart.com/#/d49966e

------------------------------------------
  8. newsmanfan

---------------------------
    Hm, seems no one's updated this thread in a while. I did already post this in "Kermie's Girl" for Lady Ru, but thought anyone not reading that (and if you're not, WHY not? Get your butt over there!!) might want to see it as well:

[​IMG]

Or: http://newsiefan.deviantart.com/#/d4e9axs

-----------------------------
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  9. newsmanfan

------------------------
    Is no one else drawing?? sheesh...

Here are two views of Slackbot's original Fraggle character, Janken. Drawn for an art trade (loved the Newsie at home pic!). I'm not completely satisfied with how the background turned out, so the original painted sketch is also listed here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These don't show up on the computer I'm using, so I have NO idea if they're even visible. Here are the actual links:

http://newsiefan.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4f7k5c

http://newsiefan.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4f7jxd

---------------------------
  10. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Love these pics, Newsie! Thank you!

The images aren't showing in your post because you linked to the deviantion page instead of the image itself. Here are the images:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  11. Muppetaz

Muppetaz Member

To be honest, I gave up after seeing everyone eleses art.
  12. newsmanfan

Don't. I don't consider myself terribly good...there will ALWAYS be someone better than me, than you, than anyone. Period. Draw and paint and express anyway!!

And thanks Slackbot...I didn't know that was the proper way! The little "insert pic" tab only says to post the url...didn't realize the art would have a separate one from the page it's actually on! Sounds like Bill Gates designed it... coughcoughOvercomplicatednonsensecoughcough...

-----------------------
  13. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Actually, it makes perfect sense. When you hit the image button, a box pops up saying "Enter image URL". You're telling it to insert an image. You can't insert a HTML page inside a forum post, which is what you are trying to do when you put the DeviantArt page address into the aforementioned popup. Square peg in round hole. The result: it does not compute, so you end up with a dead image link.

And I understand about being intimidated by others' works. There are writers and artists who make me feel like a talentless hack. But fan art is about expressing yourself, not about competing with others. Do you insist upon perfection in others, or do you enjoy their efforts on their own merits? Others feel the same way, and like seeing what others bring to the table. If you want to post art, then do it.
    newsmanfan likes this.
  14. ilovemusic

ilovemusic Active Member

So, I haven´t been posting art on this thread for a while, because I thought it was egoistical to post a lot of own art. And now, well, heheh, my scanner's broken. But since I made this Electric Mayhem poster-like thingy which is A3 and cannot be scanned in, I post. This one's made with nothing but a pilot fineliner, a pencil and eraser and some felt-tip points. I'm still working on the background, it's in the EM buse. (Sorry for the mess around the posters.)
    Line version:
    [​IMG]
    Characters coloured:
    [​IMG]
    GopherCoffee and newsmanfan like this.
  15. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Woah! That's so good!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  16. Ruahnna

Ruahnna Well-Known Member

Wow! Very impressive! The Mayhem need their own special....
  17. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Wowzas...that is so up my alley in terms of unique stylish awesomeness I don't even have words. You definitely should be hired if they do any more Muppet comics. Heck I can already envision this as an animated series or online webisode short! I'd love to see more of your work...also, bonus points for doing this with organic non digital drawing and coloring.
    ilovemusic likes this.
  18. ilovemusic

ilovemusic Active Member

And finally the full-colour...

[​IMG]
    GopherCoffee and Puckrox like this.
  19. newsmanfan

---------------------
    Yowza! Kickbutt, Effie!!

-------------------
  20. Fersureitsjess