Fan-FIc: What a Gonzo thinks of May

mbmfrog

Reaction score
This is my first time posting a fan-fic on here, and I written it out of reaction towards Gonzo and his unique relationship with Russi Taylor, the current voice of Minne Mouse and the former voice of Baby Gonzo on the Muppet Babies... I do hope you guys will enjoy tis tale of mine...

When people think of the month May they see the joys of springs and he birds fly in the air, but when I think of the month of May I view it as a day of remembrance and silence. One day is May the 16th in which my friends and I wouldn’t try to talk to each other since that was the day we all lost our best friend. Jim Henson was the man who gave all of us our start in show biz. The other day in May was a more personal one in my case….it was the 20th of May when I got the call. Rizzo was answering the phone when he called me in as I was just coming back from Cannon practice.

“Hey Gonzo, it seems that someone in their own mind wants to talk to youse…” he told me.

“Okay Riz, just let me get a few minutes to regain my sense of mind,” I said as I was coming in still in a daze.

After a few moments I picked up the phone and asked who it was….It was one kids of Russi Taylor’s. Russi was a woman I met in the mid 80s and we maintained a unique friendship over the years. Along with her husband Wayne Allwine and their kids, I was like the weird little friend in their lives.

However, it wasn’t all happiness over the other line, as tears came through the phone and I had a bit of trouble hearing.

Taking note of their distress I requested the kid to calm down and explained to me what happen.

That when I heard it, as they told me the news in tears and sorrow that Wayne Allwine…was dead. The cause of his death was due to a combination of having long term diabetes and a heart attack. He died just a couple of days ago and the family was just now reaching in to contacting those surrounding them.

The news…was just shocking, and not in a good way. I met Wayne a few times during my unique annual visits to meet Russi. He truly was a kind fellow and was made to make Russi happy. To learn of his death like this was just hard enough to explain.

I asked if they were okay, and they said that they weren’t. I then asked when the funeral, so I can get a first plane ticket to go there for support.

The kid said was going to be a while, so I asked them to keep me in touch. I felt bad for their lost and I wished them the best.

That was two years ago in 2009. It’s now 2011, and ever since then I have tried my best to send in a rose or two to his gravesite, as well as a rose to Jim’s grave as well, in hopes for him never to be forgotten.

As for Russi, well she tries to take it one day at a time, and I know she is strong enough to do it because she has people who love her every much.
The end

So what do you guys think of it ? :concern:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I like it. It seems as though Gonzo really did know Russi Taylor. And I also like the references to Gonzo's cannon practice.