Fan Fiction idea Pitch

Aaron

Reaction score
A very basic plot idea i had:
Somehow one of the muppets land in a wheelchair and the story would revolve around the struggles and hardships of adjusting to living that way.
thoughts? anyone willing to write it? or colaberate with me in doing so?

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Collaboration

I'd be happy to work with you. Let's talk about the basic premise. You have some choices:

Do you want to have a character that we already know go through the experience of losing mobility and then regaining it, but with a greater sense of appreciation for how different the world can seem from that vantage point? That's a common experience for people who lose mobility temporarily, and you could use any one of the muppets that you wished for this story.

If you'd rather, you could create a totally new character who would mesh up with whichever mup-universe you chose to use (TMS, SS, FR). That gives free rein on creating a non-tab* character who could be ideally suited to the story you want to tell. This is also harder, since you'd be starting from scratch.

You could also decide to veer off from canon (established muppet fact) and/or fannon (sortof, kindof, semi-established muppet pseudo-fact that comes from the assorted fan writers here at MC) and pick an established character--like Kermit or Fozzie--and make the change permanent. So, for the purposes of this story (or universe) if you like, the character you chose would remain in a state of limited mobility permanently. This can also be a starting point for a dynamic story.

Does that help you clarify the story you want to tell? Also, you probably have some idea of how you want this to progress. Will mobility be lost as a result of an accident, or illness? Will the character have some time to prepare for this loss, or will they learn to cope with it after the fact? Do you want to portray them as always chipper and satisfied, or more realistically, in order to show the steps that most people go through as they adapt to a permanent life change?

Hope I haven't flooded you with information, dear. Let me know what it is you'd like to do with your story and we can move forward as schedules allow.

*temporarily able-bodied

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Ru honey, you've got wonderful ideas for Aaron. And a very nice way of putting them. I'll probably remember those points for whenever I finally get back into writing fanfictions again. Just kinda lost the edge for them actually.

I've got a nitpick for you though...when are you going to update "Kermie's Girl"!?

Aaron

Reaction score
Ruahnna said:
I'd be happy to work with you. Let's talk about the basic premise. You have some choices:

Do you want to have a character that we already know go through the experience of losing mobility and then regaining it, but with a greater sense of appreciation for how different the world can seem from that vantage point? That's a common experience for people who lose mobility temporarily, and you could use any one of the muppets that you wished for this story.

If you'd rather, you could create a totally new character who would mesh up with whichever mup-universe you chose to use (TMS, SS, FR). That gives free rein on creating a non-tab* character who could be ideally suited to the story you want to tell. This is also harder, since you'd be starting from scratch.

You could also decide to veer off from canon (established muppet fact) and/or fannon (sortof, kindof, semi-established muppet pseudo-fact that comes from the assorted fan writers here at MC) and pick an established character--like Kermit or Fozzie--and make the change permanent. So, for the purposes of this story (or universe) if you like, the character you chose would remain in a state of limited mobility permanently. This can also be a starting point for a dynamic story.

Does that help you clarify the story you want to tell? Also, you probably have some idea of how you want this to progress. Will mobility be lost as a result of an accident, or illness? Will the character have some time to prepare for this loss, or will they learn to cope with it after the fact? Do you want to portray them as always chipper and satisfied, or more realistically, in order to show the steps that most people go through as they adapt to a permanent life change?

Hope I haven't flooded you with information, dear. Let me know what it is you'd like to do with your story and we can move forward as schedules allow.

*temporarily able-bodied
I envisioned an established chracter paralysed after an accident gonzo would be perfect

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Okay! Gonzo it is. Tell you what--let's take our discussion off-board. Why don't you PM me or email me (I also MSN, if you like), and we'll bat some ideas back and forth about an opening scene. Then, when you're satisfied, we'll post here. Sound good? Let me hear from you, dear.