Fan Fiction: The Breakup of the Electric Three

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Since this forum actually has no "no fan-fic rule", and I'm tired of always having to post them at FanFiction.Net, I've decided to post my new fic here. This fic is what I think caused the breakup of the Electric Three, in case some of you don't know, the Electric Three is a band Gordon reminises about to Elmo from 1970. The band includes him, Luis, and "English Accent" Bob.

"The Breakup of the Electric Three"

As the story opens up, Gordon and Miles walk out of 123. Gordon sees Miles off to his band practice.

GORDON: Have a good time Miles.
MILES: Alright, pop.

So Miles left for his band practice, when Gordon heard...

ELMO: GORDON GORDON GORDON!
GORDON: Hey Elmo, what is it?
ELMO: Elmo wants to hear more about the Electric Three!

Gordon at first didn't quite conprehend what Elmo was talking about.

ELMO: Gordon knows, when you had a band with Love-struck Luis, and English-accent Bob...
GORDON: Oh, now I understand, alright.

So Gordon and Elmo sat down on the stoop, and Gordon started to tell Elmo some more stories about his 1970 power-trio band.

GORDON: Did I ever tell you about when our band brokeup?
ELMO: No.
GORDON: Yeah...I remember it like it was yesterday...

Gordon starts to flashback.

NARRATOR GORDON: It was two days before our live performance for all of Sesame Street, Luis, Bob and I were rehersing our only hit...
BAND: "Rubber-ducky you're the one, you make bathtime lots of fun, rubber-ducky I'm awfully fond of you-ou-ou-ou-ou, vo-vo de-do. Rubber-ducky joy of joys, when I squease you you make noise, rubber-ducky you're my very best friend it's true-ue-ue-ue....
LUIS: Everyday when I a-make my way the tubby...
BOB: (in his English accent) I find my little fellah whose a-cute a-yellow and a-chubby...
BAND: a-rub-a-dub-a-dubby...rubber-ducky you're the one, you make bathtime lots of fun, rubber-ducky I'd like a whole pond of, rubber-ducky I'm awfully fon-on-on-on-on-d o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-f you-ou-ou-ou-ou-ou...RUBBER-DUCKY!"
NARRATOR GORDON: Yeah we were pretty excited about our live performance. Little did we know that we'd end up breaking up before our big concert.
GORDON: That was a cool rehershal man, we're gonna knock everybody's socks off!
BOB: (in his English accent) This concert is gonna be wicked-cool! All of Sesame Street's gonna be there!
LUIS: And I want my chick to have a front row seat.
BOB: (english accent) I still hope this girlfriend of yours doesn't ruin the band, man!
LUIS: Oh of course not!
NARRATOR GORDON: But, later that afternoon, Luis and Maria were having a date in Hooper's Store.
MR. HOOPER: Hello Luis, what brings you here?
LUIS: We're here for a couple of milk-shakes, how's that sound honey?
MARIA: (trying to talk like everyone else) That'll be delightful...ugh...I mean...cool.
MR. HOOPER: Coming right up.
MARIA: Oh Luis, I'm so excited about opening up our Fix-it Shop and then changing it to a Mail-it Shop.
LUIS: Yeah, this'll be wicked-cool! So, I've been saving you a front row seat to our concert the day after tomorrow, you'll love it!
MARIA: Oh Luis, you don't need to play with those guys anymore, you'll be running a Fix-it Shop now, you'll be too busy to play.
LUIS: (shocked) But-but, c'mon baby, we've been practicing all month on this show, I want you to see it!
MARIA: Which is more important: me, or that band?
NARRATOR GORDON: So the next day, Bob and I got the bad news.
LUIS: I'm sorry man, but my chick doesn't want me to play anymore man.
GORDON: (imitating Gary Coleman) Whacha talkin' bout Luis.
LUIS: Maria thinks that now that we're opening up a Fix-it Shop, I don't to play anymore man, this is so downsville, man!
BOB: (in his English accent) I told you this chick of you'res was gonna ruin the band, man!
GORDON: Luis, you can't quit man, we've gotta a concert tomorrow, we can't be a power-trio without a third dude!
LUIS: I'm sorry guys, (sighs) I guess you'll have to go on as the Electric Two from now on.

So Luis handed over his base guitar and quietly left.

NARRATOR GORDON: Well Bob and I we're baffled, we didn't know what to do, we tried to continue as the Electric Two, but...
ELECTRIC TWO: (singing off-key) "Rubber-ducky you're the one, you make bathtime lots of fun, rubber-ducky I'm awfully fond of you-ou-ou-ou vo-vo de-do.
GORDON: Oh what's the use man, we can't be a band without Luis.
BOB: (in his English accent) Well, since Luis decide to leave us, then maybe we should hire a new rocker, man!
GORDON: Well, what have we got to loose, man?
BOB: (english accent) Our good sounds.
NARRATOR GORDON: So Bob and I gave just about everyone an audition: Mr. Hooper, Susan, Gina, Ernie, Bert, Big Bird, Grover, Cookie Monster, Herry Monster, Oscar, even Kermit the Frog, but no one could replace Luis.
GORDON: This is so-like uncool, man, what are we gonna do?
BOB: (no longer using his English accent) Well, I don't know about you, but I quit.
GORDON: What?! C'mon dude, don't make it worse man!
BOB: Well, I'm sorry man...maybe we just weren't meant to be band players.

Gordon stands wide-eyed and shocked.

GORDON: Fine! (takes off his afro) If you're quittin', then I'm quittin'!

Then Bob stood wide-eyed and shocked...but because that Gordon's afro was really a wig. Gordon's flashback then ends.

GORDON: And so, that's how we brokeup.
ELMO: What did Bob and Gordon do?
GORDON: Well, I later made a living as a science teacher, and Bob make an exellent music teacher.
ELMO: Did Bob start a new band?
GORDON: No, but he did teach Telly how to play the tuba, and Ernie how to play the drums.
ELMO: Wow, that was a sad story Gordon.
GORDON: Yeah, but that's how some bands end up.

THE END

P

Princeton

I'll bet y'all forgot about this-a one...

I can't believe this hasn't gotten any replies; this was great! So, Snowthy, was there really an Electic Three, or was this story totally made up?

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
OMG, you wrote this? I remember reading this looong before I was a member here, but I didn't remember you wrote it Snowth! Yeah, it is great; I'm sure many others will like it, too!
See Snowth? New audience, new opportunities!
Thanks for finding it again Brian!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
It's a good take on the Behind The Music aspect of the Electric Three.

Princeton, the story is based off of a flashback segment from a Season 35 episode of Sesame Street. Probably 4070 or thereabouts. It's the one where Gordon's Father visits his son and grandson.
You know... Thought Alan was also in the band during the flashback, could be wrong on that.
Good show old Snowths.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Princeton said:
I can't believe this hasn't gotten any replies;
See? If it's not T*K*O, you all usually don't care for it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey... Cut us some slack Snowths. Only found this one after Prinny replied to it.
Good sketch, liked it... Reminds me of the one where Elmo learned about the letter Zed from some Canadian chick, whoever that was.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey... Cut us some slack Snowths. Only found this one after Prinny replied to it.
Good sketch, liked it... Reminds me of the one where Elmo learned about the letter Zed from some Canadian chick, whoever that was.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Count said:
Reminds me of the one where Elmo learned about the letter Zed from some Canadian chick, whoever that was.
:stick_out_tongue:.