Fan Made Wood Figures

MrCole

Reaction score
I have always liked the Sesame Street figures made by Fisher Price since I was 2 years old. I still remember that Christmas when my brother and I got the Sesame Street Clubhouse!
Anyway, for the past year and a half I have been making some Sesame Street characters on my wood lathe. They are based on the design of the original Fisher Price characters (the peg bottom that fits into playsets), but there are a lot of differences as well.
If you would like to see some that I have made, they are posted on my blog: http://littlewoodenguys.blogspot.com/
It's a fun hobby, and as you can see, I have made characters from other sources beyond Sesame Street as well. In the past, I have sold some figures, but I think I'm at the point now where I just want to make figures for myself. I'm planing on building a street scene based on Christmas Eve on Sesame Street that can be displayed on my mantle at Christmas. Now let's see if I can complete it in time!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Wow! These are fantastic! I especially love the Mr. Hooper and Obama figures! What a cool talent you have!

KellieM

Reaction score
Those are great, wish I had seen some of your earlier Ebay auctions. You've really improved since the earlier ones as well :smile:

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Wow MrCole, what fantastic craftsmanship! You have an impressive gift. If you're ever interested in doing some more "commissioned" work, drop me a line.

rtgentry

Reaction score
wow, I would love to see a statler and waldorf set

MrCole

Reaction score
Hmmm.... I hadn't thought of them! I might have to give them a try!

Pino

Reaction score
I doo like them too! I only miss Herry? Are tere also some internationals? :wink:

MrCole

Reaction score
I have thought about making some international characters, but I haven't made any yet. That's a good idea though!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have thought about making some international characters, but I haven't made any yet. That's a good idea though!
I second the idea. You do a remarkable job on your figures, not just the Muppet ones, and I would really like to see your take on Moishe Oofnik or Pancho.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Would like to get a list of all your SST/Muppet wood figures made so far. Also, any updates? Any new additions? :batty: