Fan Mail of the Past

newsmanfan

Reaction score
I wrote to Sesame Place when I was a kid and drew pictures of all the characters; a very ambitious undertaking, lol. I got a letter back saying how much Big Bird and Grover and the others loved the drawing, lol, and an "autographed" photo of Big Bird. Not Carrol Spinney, literally it said "Big Bird." Probably not worth much but I still have it, hehe! :smile:
That's killer, heralde!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Cool; I don't believe I ever did this is a kid, though I did regularly write to Santa! And in Canada he has his own address:

Santa Claus
North Pole
Canada
H0H 0H0

Best postal code EVER!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I just want to point out that a few official facebook pages could be used to "send" fanmail. There are some that actually are monitered and you will get a responce from either staff or the character themself. I am really impressed with the level of fan recognition on the Dan Vs facebook page

dwmckim

Reaction score
I'm sure back in the day a lot of people sent the letters to the local stations airing the shows and they forwarded them to the network/shows.

Yorick

Reaction score
The one fan letter I sent as a kid was to Walter Lantz. I got his address from Elvina Green, a cel dealer here in Atlanta who I had bought animation art from. He replied and sent an autographed photo, which I framed and have to this day.
That is so great! Congrats! I like all the other stories too, but I just had to mention how cool the Walter Lantz one is!