Fanfic: Can't Help Lovin' That Frog of Mine

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Gonzo, Rizzo and Fozzie fussed over him, straightening, polishing and making him generally uncomfortable. Pepe had been summarily banned some time ago—by mutual assent—and Scooter stood on lookout at the door, waiting for the secret word from Annie Sue that all was in readiness. Makeup had done all that they could do for the duration of the show, but the green greasepaint had irritated Kermit’s tender and slightly swollen eye, and he had removed it carefully with cold cream as soon as the curtain had fallen.
Fozzie survey the array of toiletries before him.
“Hairspray?” he asked anxiously. There was a short pause.
“Naw.”
“Nope.”
“No—I don’t think so.”
“Mouthwash?”
“You have to ask?”
“Gonzo!”
“Yes, please, Fozzie,” Kermit said, blushing a little even as he gave Gonzo an annoyed look.
“Aftershave?”
Everybody leaned in and sniffed Kermit thoughtfully, which was the final straw for the already nervous frog.
“Look guys,” he said, holding up his hands to ward of any further grooming. “I think I’m done here.” He took a deep breath. “I’m going to go get Piggy.”
Reluctantly, they let him go, crowding the doorframe behind him as he walked to the bottom of the steps and looked toward Piggy’s dressing room. Kermit had time to gulp once, then the door opened slowly and Piggy stepped out onto the balcony.
“Wow,” Kermit said softly. “Gee, Miss Piggy—you look swell.”
And Piggy, usually so sure of herself, so unflappable in the face of male attention, actually blushed.
Thank you, Kermit,” she said softly, and came down the steps to take his hand.
Hands clasped, they smiled at each other, then Kermit lead her out into the night and the future that was waiting for them. Piggy, holding tight to his hand, would follow wherever he asked.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Ooh! <is punched> I wasn't expecting more here- I love it! It just- it- yes! Mm, I know how to use words, really I do... It's just a, it- it's a very effective, very- Okay, I know "punching" probably isn't really an adjective, but it's a very punching ending- assuming this is the real ending?- to this fantasticabulous story. (What, aren't I allowed to make up words? Not in the same post as using "punching" as an adjective, eh? Oh, picky picky...) I love the descriptions of all the guys fussing over Kermit, especially the hairspray and the mouthwash... <stifled giggle>... Especially the mouthwash... Gosh I feel immature...
But those last two sentences! OHHH! I am punched! I am stabbed! I am physically wounded! It's soooooooooo... SO! Oy! I- just- Mmph! <grabs teddy bear.> I feel better now.

Leyla

Reaction score
Oh! I wasn't expecting anything else either! Those last two lines really do take your breath away don't they. You have a lovely way of emphasizing that trust, the bond that they share which I personally think is evident even when they're sniping at each other.

Oh, and the mutual nervousness! Kermit's gulp, Piggy's blush! It's so utterly endearing. Awe-inspiring, like Wayne and Wanda do to Sam, it makes me go Awwww!

Green grease-paint was a cute detail, and of course the whole guy friends getting the frog ready was hilarious!

Hwesta

Reaction score
I must be living well, or something...

Ruahnna
How generous of you to serve up some more Story!:excited: Unexpected treats are always fun and I can always expect a good piece of writing out of you. I loved the whole guys-trying-to-get-Kermit-prepped and ready to go. I can see that being acted out in my minds eye - what fun!
*hugs*
Hwesta

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Actually, I wasn't expecting any more to this story, but, well, I'm not exactly in charge. This whole piece, both parts, was actually the first thing I wrote just for Muppet Central, but it is one of my favorites. I do a lot of "later-on" type of things, but this one actually sprung out of a marathon of 1st season watching. Goodness--what they brought out in each other, including, finally, the best!

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
c: What a beautiful installment, Ru. I rully love the chemistery between Piggy, and Link... mushy, sentimental goodness! It gives me the goosebumps. :flirt: <3

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Oh! How nice to have someone pull up a real oldie of mine! (My firstborn here at Muppet Central!) So glad you liked it, dear!

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Definitely one of my faves too, the fight that started it all, lol!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------------------------------
This is wonderful, and definitely makes sense for the two of them... That moment when Kermit admits to himself WHY he's miserable is perfect. Link as stand-in for a brainless evening is sympathetically done (though why anyone would want to move things to the "next level" with him is beyond this reporter). Piggy's loss and then recovery of poise is so well described I can easily picture her expressions. The original trio of friends helping Kermit out for the Big Night is funny as heck...and as much as I like the relationship-heavy aspects of this story (which are masterful, Lady Ru), what had me smiling the most were the grumbled asides which Kermit partly catches that tell him what an idiot everyone else thinks he's being!
--------------------------------------