FanFic: Old School Sesame Street Film Festival

minor muppetz

Reaction score
(The title card appears on-screen over a shot of several Muppets, including Biff and Sully, Little Jerry and the Monotones, Don Music, Hoots the Owl, Forgetful Jones, Clementine, Buster, Simon Soundman, and the Two-Headed Monster, who are outside a theater)
Anouncer: Welcome to the Sesame Street Film Festival, showcasing many old films.

(cut to inside the theater, where Mr. Johnson goes to the concession stand)
Mr. Johnson: Oh boy, a film festival! I am so excited! I hope that the refreshments are as good as the films.
(Grover is unsurprisingly revealed to be the clerk at the concession stand)
Grover: Welcome to the concession stand. I am Grover. What snacks will you be buying for the festival?
Mr. Johnbson: Oh, no, it's you!
Grover: Yes, it is me.
Mr. Johnson: I think I'll just watch teh films without any snacks.
Grover: Excellant choice, sure!

(cut to the stage, as Big Bird enters)
Announcer: And now here is Big Bird!
Big Bird: Welcome to the film festival, everybody! (the audience cheers) Today we are going to screen a lot of old films. First is one of my favorites, because it's about a bird.

(There's a Bird on Me is shown)

(The Count enters the stage)

The Count: That was one, one great filmn! A-ha-ha! And now, here are three great films about the number three.

(Number Three Ball Film (the version with the powder ending), Three Song (Song of Three), and The Mad Painter #3 are shown)

Gladys the Cow: And now here is a film about cows.

(Hey Cow, I See You Now is shown)

(everybody in the audience except Bert is shown sleeping)
Bert: (whispering) Well, what a great, long film. It's a shame that everyone else fell asleep. (Notices Ernie sleeping next to him) Hmm, maybe I should have Ernie watch this film when I want to sleep. Anyway, I would like to introduce the next film. It's all about one of my favorite subjects, pockets.

(The Pockets Song is shown, followed by Dressed Up)

(Bruno brings Oscar out to the stage)

Oscar: And now here is a film that the both of us like. It's about trash. It's called Garbage Man Blues Song.
Bruno: I can identify with this film.

(Garbage Man Blues Song is shown, followed by the Warthog film, the version with Oscar's voice-over)

Mumford: And now here is a film about round objects.

(Round film is shown)

Cookie Monster: (eating a popcorn bucket) And now here film about EATING!

(Everybody Eats is shown, followed by the Milk film and I'm an Aardvark)

Big Bird: Well, I think we've screened some great films today. Let's end the show with the alphabet.

(the film where letters of the alphabet are shown on street signs is shown, followed by Firework Alphabet)

(the various Muppets leave and make comments on the films)
The Count: That's fifteen wonderful films!
Guy Smiley: What a great film festival. I just wish I hosted it.
Herry: I'm coming back next year.
Professor Hastings: I'm sorry to say that I slept through the whole thing.
Prairie Dawn: Well, I'm upset that I didn't introduce anything.
Herbert Birdsfoot: But it was great anyway.
Simon Soundman: I didn't like the film about the (makes mooing sound), but I did like the film with the alphabet (makes fireworks sound).
Lefty: I am selling tickets to this show.
Lefty's Boss: But it was only a one-time event.
Lefty: Shhh!
Grover: Well, it is time to close up. (locks the door)
(Mr. Johnson is still inside, trying to get out)
Mr. Johnson: Hey, I'm locked in here! Let me out!