FanFic: The Search For Sadie

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter One

The woman paced in her small house, her glasses perched atop her head, she was rubbing her eyes. It was times like these that she wondered how her children were. She picked up her clipboard, and her bag, heading off to work. She really missed them so much. But, her brother forbade her to see them, so...she was stuck. Her black car pulled up to the news office, and she stepped out of the car. Her dress caught on the door, as it closed. She tugged, and she tugged somemore. Then, it ripped a little.

"Drat. That's the third dress I've ripped this week..." Her somewhat nasally voice caught the attention of a frog and a bear, walking towards the newsroom.

-------------

"Kermit, why are we here again?" Fozzie held the stack of papers in his arms, glancing at the top of them.

"We're going to be promoting our new show, Fozzie! The Hensonville Observer asked me to bring along all of our publicity stuff. They couldn't decide over the phone." Kermit smiled, then he took a chunk of the papers from Fozzie, so it would be lighter.

Fozzie heard someone talking, between the cars. He leaned over and whispered, "Hey, Kermit. That sounds like Scooter."

Kermit frowned a bit. "It can't be. He's back at the theatre."

The two stopped, seeing a lady, instead of Scooter, they watched the lady, who was still struggling with her dress. Kermit handed the stack of papers back to Fozzie, and he hopped over to her. "Are you alright mam?"

"I guess I'll be fine, but my dress is caught in some....thing in this door." She pointed down to the now-open door, somehow the dress had gotten twisted into a knob that was inside the door frame itself. She was trying to get it out, because if she didn't she might be suddenly without her skirt.

Kermit reached inside the opening in the doorframe with his slender fingers, and within a moment, he got it undone for her.

"Thank you...?"

"I'm Kermit. Kermit the Frog."

"Thank you, Kermit. I'm Sadie Grosse. I...I better get back to work. My boss'll have my head if I'm late!" She gathered up her clipboards, and supplies, along with a large stack of papers, and she made her way into the building.

Kermit paused for a second, thinking. Then he just shook it away. He suddenly heard Fozzie make a noise behind him.

"Keermiiit!!!" Fozzie was weaving around, trying to keep this huge stack of papers in his arms. Because many of it was pictures, and they would be ruined should they touch the ground. Kermit ran and then the two of them slowly made their way inside the Hensonville Observer's pressroom.

The observant frog looked around for the red-headed lady...but he didn't happen to see her. After that day, he forgot about her completely.

But...she didn't completely forget about him.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... Guess someone took my advice... Glad to see you writing another story Renee, hope this one comes out as great as your first.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Two

As Sadie settled into her desk, looking over the layouts for the newspaper, while she was typing furiously at her laptop. She was trying to skim an article down to where it would fit.

"SADIE! I told you those muppets get that back page!!" Her boss walked into her tiny office. He was a tall human man, with a sharp black business suit on, dangling from his mouth was a lit cigarette. He leaned over Sadie's desk, and blew the smoke into her face. She saw the smoldering end of it about to fall off, and she shoved an old ashtray underneath his mouth.

"Sir, could you please put that out? I don't really like it you know." Sadie said, timidly towards her boss.

He just laughed, and grabbed the ashtray from her hands. "Who signs your paychecks?"

"You do."

"Who made sure you got this job. After what had happened before??"

"You did." She looked down towards her laptop, typing once more, only a bit slower this time.

"And who protected your children, Ms. Grosse?"

At this remark, Sadie said nothing. Her head stayed bowed in front of her laptop, her glasses glinting from the soft light. Her voice was soft, not wanting to anger her boss. "You never did what you said you would, Mr. Takashi."

He frowned, looking at the small woman at her desk. She was pitiful in his eyes. A lowly office lady, no better then to get coffee and lunch. The only reason she helped with the layout, is because everyone had to do something to contribute to the paper. He was silent, when she looked at him square in the eyes.

"You had them seperated."

"I did what I could Sadie. If it wasn't for my sister, your little girl would probably be a ragabond, you know."

"They are TWINS, not brother and sister, Mr. Takashi!!" She stood up, her hands gripping the desk now, she was getting more and more angry by the second. "They have a bond, that no one should remove!!! They probably don't even know the other one exists!!"

All Takashi did was reach forward, and gently stroke her chin with his hand. She felt like biting him, she was so angry. He laughed and started to walk outside towards the main room. He turned back around, a cruel laugh escaped his lips.

"When you can make it, could you go get fresh coffee for everyone? I think they'd like it very much, Ms. Grosse."

Sadie stood there, watching him make his way back to his office. She fumed silently, her mind churning. Then she realized...he does have her under his thumb, and she knew no way how to get out from it.

So, she grabbed her pocketbook, and her coat, leaving the office...to go get everyone coffee.

-------------

"I can't believe we're doing this, Kermie...." Piggy groaned as the coffee machine started sputtering for the third time this morning. Her beautiful blue dress was soaked in coffee, she had to change her gloves twice.

"It's for a good cause, Piggy. Just make sure you don't burn yourself, okay? That's pretty hot coffee over there." Kermit looked over his shoulder smiling at Miss Piggy. She sighed, she did not want to be there, she hates having to really cook and clean.

A few of the Muppets had gathered at Jim's Coffee Shoppe, they were doing something of a fundraiser to help out the children's afterschool place in Hensonville. Fozzie, and Kermit, they loved doing this stuff. Piggy, on the other hand.....wasn't too thrilled. But she gritted her teeth, as she handed another patron a fresh cup of coffee.

"And that will be $1.50, madam. Please pay Scooter, over there at the register." Piggy smiled, rather forced. She then pointed to Scooter, who was running the cash register, with a lot of people waiting in line. He was fumbling with a recipt just then. Fozzie came walking out from the back, carrying a large tray of cookies, and other sweet treats to place in the display.

"Fresh cookies, everyone!! They are only a dollar....I think." Fozzie yelled out happily, to the packed coffee shop. So many people had turned out in there, they were even spilled out onto the street. The cold winter day pulled them in as well.

Fresh coffee, sweet delights, and the Muppets working for a good cause? Who wouldn't come for all that!?

-----------

Sadie pulled up in front of Jim's Coffee Shoppe, and her eyes widened. "Wow, there's usually not that many people here. Maybe Jim's finally made some new desserts or something...." She tugged her coat closer to her, to keep the whipping icy winds away. She trudged inside the shop, looking for the owner.

Jim came walking out from the back, he spoke to Kermit, while holding a large piece of paper in his hand. "I'm really glad you came to help me today, Kermit. We've raised enough money for the afterschool activites just this morning!!" Jim smiled at him, happy.

"Oh, good. That's great, Jim! I'm glad we could help you out! We'll stay for the rest of the morning though, till the crowd dies down." Kermit poured a cup of hot chocolate for a little boy, who ran off laughing happily towards his mother. "The kids enjoy that we're here too."

As the red-head walked into Jim's shop, she looked for him. Then she spied him over the crowds. The tall, brown haired man, with his hair tied back, a short beard. Jim saw her, and he smiled.

"Ms. Sadie! Come for the morning round of coffee I see! The usual amount I take it?" Jim replied happily to Sadie, as she made her way through the crowds.

She sighed, looking around at the new crew he apperently had. "Uh, sure, Jim. That'll be fine. Just charge it to Mr. Takashi's account would you?"

Jim's eyes sparkled a little bit, as he tallyed up the amount on a small slip of paper. "I take it he's been a little rough this morning?"

"A little rough? He chewed me out over my...." She exclaimed, loudly, getting a bit frustrated now towards Takashi.

He looked up at her, raising an eyebrow towards her. "Over your what?" He thought he might not have heard her over the din of the crowd.

"...My work. He said the newspaper looked like absolute crap when he looked at it...I really need to get going Jim..." She frowned a bit, then thanked Jim for the coffee.

Sadie walked outside with Scooter, who was starting to load the dry coffee into the back of her car.

"This is a lot of coffee, isn't it mam?" Scooter asked her, while he got the last of the small bags inside her car.

"Yeah, it's for the entire newsroom. They always tell me to do everything in there." She smiled at Scooter, she seemed to remember him, but she kept her mouth shut for the most part.

Scooter laughed a little bit, "Yeah. I don't normally work here, but down at the theatre. I'm the resident go-fer." He gently shut the trunk, and leaned against it for a second. Then he pulled out a ticket from his pocket. He handed it to her.

"It's for our next show! Why don't you come, it'll be great! Oh, and my names Scooter, by the way! Glad to meet you, Mam!"

With that, he walked back towards Jim's Coffee Shoppe. Sadie stared at Scooter, something deep in her mind clicked together just then, She then looked at the ticket in her hands. Turning it over, she looked at the back. Nothing too weird...but, something caught her eye.

The Muppets/The Muppet Show care of Kermit T. Frog.
Theatre owned and operated by J.P. Grosse.

"J.P.?! He owns that...theatre...?"

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
The Count said:
Heh... Guess someone took my advice... Glad to see you writing another story Renee, hope this one comes out as great as your first.
Yeah, I was planning on doing this anyways, Ed. I just figured it would be cool. But this story is gonna be WAY slower then the other one. I'm really picking and choosing my way around with this one. I'm also trying to not have too many OCs in it. But's it seriously hard. I'll probably do something concerning the others in a bit. But...I'm so glad you do like it!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Of course I like it. Fresh coffee, which I don't personaly drink, sweet treats and the Muppets there too? Who would want to miss out on that?!?
Plus, a cameo by the master Muppeteer himself too to boot.

S'okay if you take your time, it'll only result in that much better a story.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Three

She got back to work, and started the coffee machines with the freshly-ground coffee she got from Jim. Her co-workers starting piling into the small break room. They shoved her outside actually, just to get to the coffee. Many were muppets, and some were humans. She moaned softly as someone accidently jabbed into her chest, just to get through.

"They're like animals when it comes to that coffee, huh Sadie?" A fellow co-worker replied to her, as she helped her up.

"Ugh. Thanks, Lisa. They are. It's like it's their blood or something..." She brushed her shirt a bit, noticing in the trampling she had a footprint on it.

"Me, I don't drink coffee. I prefer water...or maybe soda. But yeah...they are absolutely nuts when it comes to that coffee." Lisa watched the workers file out of the room, and to their respective cubicles. "I'm just glad I don't drink the stuff. I'd be in that mob as well."

Sadie frowned, then started to walk back to her office. Lisa followed, with a few papers in her hand. "You said you needed to get the Muppets more space in the paper?" Lisa stated.

"Yeah. They've got a nice winter show coming up, and Kermit had asked Mr. Takashi for more room. But Takashi said if we could squeeze it in, they'd get it. Otherwise..."

With that Sadie lifted up the pre-print layout of the backpage. A small section, maybe 1/3 of the page, was an ad for the Muppets.

"Oh dear. That's not all that much...and it's on the back page too!! I can't believe Takashi would do that to them!!" Lisa sat on a chair, in front of Sadie's desk, then she saw the brightly colored ticket on her desk.

"Oh! When were you able to get it? It's not even being sold just yet!"

"Oh, some kid named Scooter gave me it, when I was down at Jim's shop." She smiled, remembering the young boy. "He was so sweet, he helped me get the coffee into the car."

"Scooter? That name's familiar." Lisa turned the ticket over, and she saw the back. "Hey!! That's your brother! He owns the Muppet Theatre?"

"I guess so. I've not talked to him in so long." She glances at an old picture on her desk. It was something of a family picture. Her brother was beside her, and she held her twins in her arms. But...in that picture they both had pale blond hair, as most babies did when they were only a day or so old. That boy...he couldn't be her son.

Lisa looked at Sadie, who apperently wasn't there right then.

"Sadie?? Yoo-hoo?? Earth to Sadie, please come in!" Lisa tapped on the desk, pulling Sadie out of her thoughts and into the real world.

"Oh! Sorry..."

"Thinking about the kids again, huh?"

"Yeah. I miss them so much, whenever I try to ask Jerry about it, he just brushes it off, saying the're fine..."

"Hun. He'd say that even if they were dead."

"You think so?"

"He's such a odd man. He's never spoken about what he does for a living, never even lets you get near himself, familywise. He's so secretive."

Sadie was quiet, watching her friend speak such things about her brother. Looking back at the picture, Sadie sighed.

"I just wish he'd tell me something about them."

Lisa frowned, looking at the picture as well. "Did you even have the chance to give them names yet?"

"No. Ms. Nancy Takashi, Mr. Takashi's sister, she took care of them for me. I never was able to see them. I guess...she named them as well.."

"So she was their nanny then? Did you ever talk to her?"

"Sometimes...but only maybe once or twice a year. Because of Jerry, he wouldn't really let me talk to her. I sneaked those few calls in whenever I could. I never asked specifically about them, just 'Were they okay?' , 'Did they do this, or do that?' Those kinds of questions. She only called me once back."

"And...why was that?"

"To tell me they had gotten adopted....seperately."

Lisa's expression dropped, she had been Sadie's friend for nearly 15 years now. She knew what had happened, but even then, her friend hadn't told her this much before.

"Oh...no. That's horrible, Sadie!"

Heavy footsteps thudded down the hall right then. They could smell cigarette smoke wafting down towards the room. Lisa stood up, and started to walk out the room. She turned back to Sadie, a small frown on her face.

"Maybe you should call that nanny again. She might be able to help you."

Sadie only nodded, as Lisa left before Takashi could get down the hall to her room.

He stopped, looking inside for a moment. He saw she was typing once more, working. He nodded silently, continuing down the hall.

Then, after he left, she decided to give someone a call.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Whoa... OK...
Lisa: Lisa Henson or TogetherAgain?
Nancy Takashi: Nanny from MB?

Jerry P. Grosse, from Remembering the Good Times, that name suits him since he was performed by Jerry Nelson.

A great scene between Sadie and Lisa. Suspense fills the air as we wait for whoever's on the other end of the phone call to pick up.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
The Count said:
Whoa... OK...
Lisa: Lisa Henson or TogetherAgain?
TogetherAgain.

Count said:
Nancy Takashi: Nanny from MB?
Perhaps...

The Count said:
Jerry P. Grosse, from Remembering the Good Times, that name suits him since he was performed by Jerry Nelson.
Oh...I actually didn't know that! Thanks!!! *laughs*

Count said:
A great scene between Sadie and Lisa. Suspense fills the air as we wait for whoever's on the other end of the phone call to pick up.
Thanks. :smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yea! Another story! And a very edge of your seat one at that! I love so many things! Jim's Coffee Shoppe! Great! Poor Sadie, I feel so bad for her! I can't wait to see where this goes!