Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer - Who's Seen It Yet?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Went to see it yesterday, and it was something else. Much better than the first one and surpasses even the lame mid-1990s version. It had such great and funny moments, lacked some good, lengthy action sequences (possibly because of the kid-friendly PG rating it got), and the way in which the Silver Surfer was handled was very nicely done. Hope that he does get his own film, with Laurence Fishburne and Doug Jones coming back to complete the character.:smile:

One thing that I will say about Galactus (pronounced "Gah Lak Tus" in the novelization of the film) is that even though he was portrayed as a cosmic cloud, he still came off as pretty threatening like in the comics. For those that have already seen the film, if you watch again closely, you'll see his familiar shape in shadowy form looming over Saturn and again when the Surfer travels into his cloud figure.

I hope everyone has seen it. It's pretty marvelous.:big_grin:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I saw it Friday night, I liked it a lot, much better than the first one. The Surfer was cool, and I loved seeing Dr. Doom return, that was great.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
All the problems I had with the first I had with this one, but this one gets a push ahead since it has even more great Johnny stuff, and because of the Silver Surfer. I'm really excited that a Silver Surfer spin-off flick is in the works.

Man, we were missing a comic book movie-related thread here on the first page of General Discussion.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Sounds cool! But I haven't been to a movie theater in five years.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
The Lord Of The Rings The Two Towers. But it was worth it!:big_grin: I wasn't complaining by the way.