Farscape goes Stargate

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
How do you Farscape folks feel about John Crichton taking over Richard Dean Anderson's part on Stargate next year?

beaker

Reaction score
Again, how is Stargate outlasting Farscape? I've never heard of a vocal Stargate community compared to the near religious zealousy of the Farscape fans.

Reaction score
Star Gate is aired both on cable/satalite and on UPN on regular tv. I would not have gotten into farscape because i didn't have cable. I now go to university and got to watch the farscape marathone before the peacekeeper wars was aired. but back to star gate, that was always somthing that was easy to watch(but i don't personaly like it that much).

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
My mother is a terrifying Stargate fan. Its very very scary. I don't understand the appeal. There may not be many Stargate fans, but the ones that do exist are hardcore.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
*puts hand up* I'm a Stargate fan and I would say I was a fanatic, I just like watching the show after a long hard day of life. My appeal is that I like the politics, along with the theory that the ancient mythologies of Earth are connected through a specific source, being the Stargate. The main characters are a wide variety of people with opposites, who after going through so much together they work together like a jigsaw puzzle. Then there is the idea that the US government is hiding so many things from us and that this could be one of the many secrets with so many people knowing outside of the general public. Lastly, there are the issues concerning what it means to be human and how basic morals like "talk, instead of war", women as equals, apperances are deceptive, etc. entertains me to no end.

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
If you like all the Egyptian as Aliens stuff, you will probably like The Pocket and the Pendant. I just gave it to my mom because someone told me it was like Stargate and she loved it:

EleganceLiberty

Reaction score
I'm a bit of a SG-1 fan myself. Then again, I like just about anything sci-fi related. (Not to keen on SG Atlantis though...)

Aniwho, thanks for the heads up. It'll be nice to see Ben on TV again. ^^