Farscape SCARRAN mask restoration

Tom Morrow

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just updated the site with pics of another original prop restoration project.

In this case, the work was fairly subtle (compared to some of the major overhauls required on some past pieces!) but the end result was great and the client loved it.

The piece is a "Scarran" mask from Farscape Peacekeeper Wars. The overall condition was good but the lip, nose and brow had gouges in the foam. Further, there was some paint damage throughout the head (most notably on the cheek) and the neck collar had broken loose in a few places. Lastly, his "mohawk" had torn off the top of his head.

After the repairs were made, gouges filled/textured and the paint touched up and blended to match, the piece was mounted on a customized head form made to work with the client's mannequin.

To really finish off the display, the client had us create a custom eye insert so it looks like an actor in makeup/contacts is wearing the mask.

The client had the full wardrobe for this (tall!) character and wanted to create an imposing lifesized display. He wrote me today, very pleased with the work and shared the pic below of his newly completed display in front of a wall of toys.

Please stop by http://www.TomSpinaDesigns.com for pics and info regarding this and our other restoration, sculpture and home theater art projects...

hope you enjoy the pics!
Tom

Luke

Reaction score
Very nice work Tom (as usual). I really love the full body prop costumes when they are actually displayed, seems so real. I am starting a prop collection myself, already have a few nice items.