Farscape vs. Star Trek

Beauregard

Reaction score
I agree with GonzoLeaper on Star Trek 10. Rubish, is what it was (IMHO) specially when it's meant to be the last final wave good-bye to TNG crew. Bah-humbug.

But, going back to Farscape. I'll get some of the novels in then. That's what I did with Star Trek originally (I've read way more than twice as many ST noves as I have seen episodes :wink: )

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
The 11th. movie seems to be a prequel to Star Trek: Enterprise and deals with the Romulan war and establishment of the Neutral Zone, I believe.
I heard that the 11th movie got canned because Paramount had disagreements with the script Rick Berman was writing.

ryan

Beauregard

Reaction score
Honestly Star Trek seems in a bad way, but, did you guys hear about the 3 million dollar bonds sent by a comercial space agency to keep Star Trek: Enterprise from being cancelled?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Honestly Star Trek seems in a bad way, but, did you guys hear about the 3 million dollar bonds sent by a comercial space agency to keep Star Trek: Enterprise from being cancelled?
Yeah I heard. I go to StarTrek.com a lot and go to their message boards. I sometimes go to the Enteprise message boards on their website and a lot of those people actually think that donating 3 million would save the show even though Paramount, who owns the Star Trek franchise and that owns Enterprise does not want to make a 5th season nor do they want to put the show on another network.

It would be better if those people were donating 3 million to a worthy cause like giving money to a hospital, to orphans, or to the homeless, not to a television show.

A lot of those people are just crazy in my opinion. They think their life is going to end when Enterprise ends this May. It's just a television show like everything else. It'll come back someday.

Funny thing is, once Enterprise is over, will be ge their money back that donated to the 3 million??.......Sounds like a old fashion scam to me.

ryan

Reaction score
I personaly think they will get what farscape and firefly have gotten, which is a movie. i never knew they were making another movie but if they were pulling the series, than they would pull the movie. the reasone for pulling all these sci fi shows is because most people don't get into them any more (although if i had cable or knew when enterprise was even on up here i would still be watching half the shows that i have mentioned) :smirk:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think Star Trek is more than just a television show. It's more like a kind of institution, like, the word somehow wouldn't be the same without it. If you know what I mean. Not because it has changed the world, but just because, hmmmm. I'm not making much sence here, and I probably sound like a sad trekkie, which I ain't.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, it isnt just any old TV show.

__

Interprited:

Blah, de, blah, de, spew.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I think Star Trek is more than just a television show. It's more like a kind of institution, like, the word somehow wouldn't be the same without it. If you know what I mean. Not because it has changed the world, but just because, hmmmm. I'm not making much sence here, and I probably sound like a sad trekkie, which I ain't.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, it isnt just any old TV show.
I hear you and I totally agree! Star Trek has definitely molded the shape of science fiction if nothing else. :mad: (Almost as much as "Pigs in Space") :smile: