Favorite Anything Muppet Skits

Ryan

Reaction score
Lulu's Back in town AM: Green pointy headed balding (black strip of hair) AM wit a small pink nose and a black moustache (Jim)

Cooperation: Green AM with shades, black hair, green (?) nose and a tooth sticking out. Wearing leather jacket.

George Washington: Blue AM with red nose and balding white hair, with Washington get-up.

BlueAM

Reaction score
I think that was George Washington's Father, actually.

And also, I heard that in their first appearance, the AMs sang "Consider Yourself", from Oliver (which Edgar Bergen and Charlie McCarthy did with the whole gang on TMS, too). The first Gordon put their faces on. Now, do you know what these AMs looked like? Just to let you know, this was from the first episode of SS, I believe.

Thanks!
BlueAM
"Stout-hearted men should stick together"

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for pluggin' away at these wonderful descriptions, Blue AM. Don't wish to hijack the thread since it's your very own, but I do have a few questions about some of the characters you sent me the last time we conversed. Let me know how and when I can contact you to ask all the questions I have. Thanks for your help and keep up the greatly appreciated work.

BlueAM

Reaction score
My mom remembers these AM bits more than I do. So do ALL of you guys agree with my descriptions of the characters from the Newsflashes?

And I feel that there was a picture of the AMs from "Consider Yourself" in a record or something. What do you guys think?

By the way, Oliver was one of my favorite musicals when I was a kid.

And by the way again (LOL), here are some more AM bits I like:

It Sure Is Hot
The Word Family Song
The skit where Same Sound Brown helped Farley with "man" and "fun"
Fat Cat Sat Hat
Mysterious Theatre: The Mystery of the Missing Cat

Thanks!

BlueAM
"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

BlueAM

Reaction score
Well, now I KNOW what the AMs who sang "Consider Yourself" looked like! (LOL!)

Now, Ryan, do you remember what color noses the Elves from "The Elves and the Shoemaker" had? If they had any, that is.

And, also, can you please describe what the dullard (Frank) and the hipster (Jim/Northern) looked like if possible?

Thanks for being friendly with me!

BlueAM

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Well top of my list is

Anyone's Nose -sung by a pale blue AM (for a Monsterpiece Theatre skit). It's just the way I like to hear Cole Porter sung best.

Tying for top place, I also got to include Herry Monster's duet with a Green AM with Orange Hair, named Louisey; "I Can Sing Anything When I Sing With You". It's just such a perfect summation of the talents of their two puppeteers.

Another AM skit I rather like, also Monsterpiece Theatre, is 'Inside And Outside Story'), which had two AM's (good old Jerry and Louise again), as a couple of lovers who "had not actually met".

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I really enjoy "Lulu's back in town"

That's the one that comes to mind right off the bat, :smile: