Favorite Canadian Puppet Shows...

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
hey everybody. i'd like you guys to make a list of your favorite Canadian puppet shows. Here's mine (in no particular order)

1) Sesame Park, of coarse.

2) Today's Special

3) Under The Umbrella Tree

4) Mr. Dressup

5) Size Small - okay, here's one NOBODY remembers this one. It had some REAL people, and a lot of puppets! even a cow puppet (everybody loves cow puppets) name Milkshake. for more info, go to www.sizesmall.com/welcome.html

6) Take Part/ Tell-A-Tale Town. this show is blurry to me. there are few websites for it, i think.

7) This one i asked about earlier, forgot the name it has a black lab dog puppet, and to real people - a lady who spoke french and a clown who didn't speak at all.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Here's my Canadian faves, more because of the performances of the individual puppeteers than the shows themselves:

1. Fraggle Rock (yes it is Canadian - a CBC production made with JHP) - it launched the careers of many Canadian puppeteers.

2. Tales From the Longhouse - the quality of this production puts many of the recent Henson projects to shame. A+

3. Under the Umbrella Tree

4. Mr. Dressup

5. Big Comfy Couch - if only for those darn little Dustbunnies - `ya gotta love `em.

6. Internet Slutts - not everyone's cup of tea (especially mine) but you have to love Murk, the giant walking p**** if nothing else.

7. Chicken Minute

8. Land O' Hands - A funny & very original series

9. Amigo & Me - another very original, rarely seen series

10. Uncle Chichimus - The first TV show in Canada starred a puppet and even after 50 years he still holds up very well.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
wait. lets go back to the part when you said "INTERNET SLUTS". what IS that show?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Originally posted by punkNpuppets
wait. lets go back to the part when you said "INTERNET SLUTS". what IS that show?
Check out Internet Slutts here.

You've been warned. :smile:

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
well. you hate Crank Yankers but you like Internet Slutts. and SLUTTS is spelled wrong!

and they don't really seem like 'puppets', looks like claymation, but i COULD be wrong. (clay puppets??)

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
well. you hate Crank Yankers but you like Internet Slutts. and SLUTTS is spelled wrong!

and they don't really seem like 'puppets', looks like claymation, but i COULD be wrong. (clay puppets??)
Well, you don't have your facts straight, do you? :stick_out_tongue: I don't hate Crank Yankers - I've never actually seen an episode of Crank Yankers (well, just a few clips) but I think it's actually a pretty funny and original idea.

The characters on Internet Slutts (I think they spelled it wrong on purpose!) are just rubber hand and rod puppets performed by Ron Stefaninuk and Frank Meschkuleit. Ron's company Steffx built Wally & Murk. You can see Steffx's work online at www.steffx.com.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
that reminds me of another dirty-canadian-puppet, Ed The Sock. He makes most the Sam & Friends muppets look like Big Bird. it must have taken 5 minutes to make him

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
that reminds me of another dirty-canadian-puppet, Ed The Sock. He makes most the Sam & Friends muppets look like Big Bird. it must have taken 5 minutes to make him
Once again, I think that's supposed to be the point. :stick_out_tongue:

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Today's Special is kind of like Sesame Street. look at the similarities -

both Sesame Street and the store on Today's Special are both thought of as wonderful places

both of them have parts on the show that might scare the kids (SS has Spaceship Suprise, Vincent Twice, and Placido Flamingo in my opinion, and Today's Special has Jeff's hat falling off, but all the other kids were afraid of Sam)

Jody looks kind of like Susan

Sam and Jeff are both kind of like Big Birds

and they're both two of the raddest kids shows ever!