1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Favorite Canadian Puppet Shows...

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by punkNpuppets, Oct 21, 2002.

1. punkNpuppets New Member

hey everybody. i'd like you guys to make a list of your favorite Canadian puppet shows. Here's mine (in no particular order)

1) Sesame Park, of coarse.

2) Today's Special

3) Under The Umbrella Tree

4) Mr. Dressup

5) Size Small - okay, here's one NOBODY remembers this one. It had some REAL people, and a lot of puppets! even a cow puppet (everybody loves cow puppets) name Milkshake. for more info, go to www.sizesmall.com/welcome.html

6) Take Part/ Tell-A-Tale Town. this show is blurry to me. there are few websites for it, i think.

7) This one i asked about earlier, forgot the name it has a black lab dog puppet, and to real people - a lady who spoke french and a clown who didn't speak at all.
  2. Buck-Beaver Active Member

Here's my Canadian faves, more because of the performances of the individual puppeteers than the shows themselves:

1. Fraggle Rock (yes it is Canadian - a CBC production made with JHP) - it launched the careers of many Canadian puppeteers.

2. Tales From the Longhouse - the quality of this production puts many of the recent Henson projects to shame. A+

3. Under the Umbrella Tree

4. Mr. Dressup

5. Big Comfy Couch - if only for those darn little Dustbunnies - `ya gotta love `em.

6. Internet Slutts - not everyone's cup of tea (especially mine) but you have to love Murk, the giant walking p**** if nothing else.

7. Chicken Minute

8. Land O' Hands - A funny & very original series

9. Amigo & Me - another very original, rarely seen series

10. Uncle Chichimus - The first TV show in Canada starred a puppet and even after 50 years he still holds up very well.
  3. punkNpuppets New Member

wait. lets go back to the part when you said "INTERNET SLUTS". what IS that show?
  4. Buck-Beaver Active Member

Check out Internet Slutts here.

You've been warned. :)
  5. punkNpuppets New Member

well. you hate Crank Yankers but you like Internet Slutts. and SLUTTS is spelled wrong!

and they don't really seem like 'puppets', looks like claymation, but i COULD be wrong. (clay puppets??)
  6. Buck-Beaver Active Member

Well, you don't have your facts straight, do you? :p I don't hate Crank Yankers - I've never actually seen an episode of Crank Yankers (well, just a few clips) but I think it's actually a pretty funny and original idea.

The characters on Internet Slutts (I think they spelled it wrong on purpose!) are just rubber hand and rod puppets performed by Ron Stefaninuk and Frank Meschkuleit. Ron's company Steffx built Wally & Murk. You can see Steffx's work online at www.steffx.com.
  7. punkNpuppets New Member

that reminds me of another dirty-canadian-puppet, Ed The Sock. He makes most the Sam & Friends muppets look like Big Bird. it must have taken 5 minutes to make him
  8. Buck-Beaver Active Member

Once again, I think that's supposed to be the point. :p
  9. punkNpuppets New Member

i know, i know.........actually, i don't know what you mean
  10. punkNpuppets New Member

Today's Special is kind of like Sesame Street. look at the similarities -

both Sesame Street and the store on Today's Special are both thought of as wonderful places

both of them have parts on the show that might scare the kids (SS has Spaceship Suprise, Vincent Twice, and Placido Flamingo in my opinion, and Today's Special has Jeff's hat falling off, but all the other kids were afraid of Sam)

Jody looks kind of like Susan

Sam and Jeff are both kind of like Big Birds

and they're both two of the raddest kids shows ever!
  11. Lenny New Member

This show was called Marie Solei (sp?). The dog's name was Fergus. If you've seen this, maybe you've seen another Canadian puppet show from that era, EMU.

Rich
  12. punkNpuppets New Member

Re: Re: Favorite Canadian Puppet Shows...

uh, i MIGHT. gimme more info. who were the characters, etc, etc.
  13. punkNpuppets New Member

14. Baby Rowlf Member

I LOVED Today's Special as a kid! I also loved Readalong, Jeremy, and this french show called "Passe Partout".

BTW...does anyone remember a show called Tickle on the Tum?

Babs Bunny
    (AKA Baby Rowlf)
  15. Lu775 Member

Baby Rowlf- looks like I watched the same shows you did growing up. Readalong and Jeremy were espcially favourites!
    Now I have the Readalong theme in my head....

"'Cause reading is a lot of fun- and easy too! So join us here at Readalong. You and you and you and you and you!"
  16. punkNpuppets New Member

what is READALONG? i think i might remember it, did it have this one puppet that sort of resembled Ernie?

and what was Jeremy?

and what was Emu?
  17. Lu775 Member

Readalong was hosted by a Boot and his girlfriend was a pink shoe. (I can't find any websites or pics of this show....)

Jeremy the Bear, (Called Barnaby the Bear in the UK, and Colagol in France) was a stop motion animated show.
    This is the only webpage I've found with decent pics of Jeremy:
    http://home.online.no/~kgroenn/colargol/engelsk.html

another catchy theme song:

I'm a bear called Jeremy
    I can do most anything
    I can dance and I can sing
    little tunes like do re mi!
  18. Lu775 Member

Hey, I just changed my Avatar to Jeremy the Bear, singing.
    (oh how I wish this series would wind up on DVD)
  19. punkNpuppets New Member

haha he's cute!
  20. punkNpuppets New Member

he kinda reminds me of Paddington Bear. remember him?

I hate that cartoon, the original was the best!!!