Favorite Ed Sullivan Show Appearancese

ploobis

Reaction score
Does anybody here have a favorite Classic Muppet Sketch that was performed on The Ed Sullivan Show?

Now me, I love them all! But which ones do you love?

The Rock-N-Roll Monster

The Art Of Visual Thinking

Monster Family

Java

Inchworm :smile:

Music Hath Charms :smile:

I've Grown Accustomed To Your Face :smile:

I Feel Pretty

Monster Eats Machine

Santa Claus Sketch with Auther Godfrey

Business Business

The Monster Trash Can Dance

Sclrap Flyapp

Christmas Reindeers

A Change Of Face with Rex Robbins

The Beautiful Day Sketch

Mahna Mahna

Big Bird's Dance

Octopus' Garden

What Kind Of Fool Am I? with Kermit & Grover

The Wild String Quartet

The Glutton

"WHICH SKETCHES ARE YOUR FAVORITE?"

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I love 'em all, too!:smile: It's hard to pick favorites, but the ones that stand out most to me are:

A Change of Face with Rex Robbins - a very clever bit that shows off Jim's versatility with just the change of a nose (or not). Robbins is a great straight man.

Mahna Mahna - what is there to say? A classic.

Christmas Reindeers - lots of fun humor in this sketch.

Inchworm - again, another classic. I love how Kermit does his double-takes, and his mounting frustration trying to get the "worm."

I've Grown Accustomed to Your Face - I think I remember seeing a clip of an earlier version of this on a special celebrating Jim - but it was from Sam & Friends. But this is an excellent version, too.

Monster Eats Machine - anything involving a Muppet destroying something is always good for a laugh.

I Feel Pretty

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Christmas with Arthur Godfried

Mahna Mahna

String Quartet

Happy Girl meets a Monster

Big Bird Dance Number

Buisness Buisness

I Feel Pretty

Squonk

Reaction score
Gotta go with "I've grown accustomed to your Face." In general, the appearances on the Ed Sullivan Show were pretty strong. The Big Bird Dance and "The Glutton" are the ones I could really do without.

ploobis

Reaction score
Gotta go with "I've grown accustomed to your Face." In general, the appearances on the Ed Sullivan Show were pretty strong. The Big Bird Dance and "The Glutton" are the ones I could really do without.
I can agree with you on the Big Bird Dance but The Glutton was a cool sketch.

Squonk

Reaction score
I can agree with you on the Big Bird Dance but The Glutton was a cool sketch.
I've raised this discussion before here, but I think "The Glutton" just comes across as gross. You can tell from the lack of audience reaction that the live audience might of felt the same way. Ed Sullivan even says "Oh come on" to try and get them to applaud more for Henson and Oz's curtain call.

Everyone has different tastes, of course...but that sketch is not one of my favorites for The Muppets.

ploobis

Reaction score
I've raised this discussion before here, but I think "The Glutton" just comes across as gross. You can tell from the lack of audience reaction that the live audience might of felt the same way. Ed Sullivan even says "Oh come on" to try and get them to applaud more for Henson and Oz's curtain call.

Everyone has different tastes, of course...but that sketch is not one of my favorites for The Muppets.
You got a point there, Everybody does have different taste but ya know the Glutton puppet would later turn in to the Lardpork character for The Muppet Musicians Of Bremen.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yeah, "The Glutton" is the only one that I don't really care for.

ploobis

Reaction score
I still can't believe that the "Music Hath Charms" sketch did not make it on the Muppets Magic DVD! :cry: