1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Favorite Fraggle Song

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Sir Didymus, Sep 8, 2002.

1. TravellingMatt

TravellingMatt New Member

My personal favorites:

"Dum of a Son of a Gun"--Jerry and Richard's characters always did interact well together.

"I Sniff The Rose"--now what if Gonzo sang that song dressed as a gypsy lady? (Of course, Boober AND the Old Gypsy Lady would run him offstage...)

I always thought the "Chariots of Fire" spoof at the end of "Wembley and the Great Race" was kind of cool.

"Do It On My Own"--you go, Karen!

"The Beetle Song"
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  2. getup

getup New Member

i have a total of 123 of the songs on mp3...that's all i could find before audiogalaxy went to pay only...i love all of them. my favorites though would have to be shine on me, petals of the rose, goodbye goodbye, and keep on smiling! it's virtually impossible to pick one favorite. they are all amazing. all music should be like this.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  3. Sir Didymus

Sir Didymus New Member

Hey Getup,
    I have Shine on Me, and Keep on Smiling too! I have about 90 of the songs. I have em' all on cd. I just downloaded a new one called "Take it Away" by Boober, and that is my new favorite! Lol! It's hard to pick just one.

Sir Didymus
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  4. getup

getup New Member

yeah, i made an audio cd of about 45 of the songs. i listen to it all the time. i have the rest of them on my computer...one i forgot that i love is We Are the Children of Tomorrow.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  5. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Get Up,

I also have about 100 Fraggle Rock MP3's, We should trade !

Are you on AOL, Yahoo or MSN Messenger ?

One of my all time Favorite Fraggle Songs is 'The Friendship Song'.

'Marooned' was the first Fraggle Rock video that i ever had !

Others i like are 'Chase The Wind', 'World Of Harmony', 'Bring Back The Wonder', 'Pass It On', 'Catch the Tail by the Riger', 'Ragtime Queen', And so many more !

Its so hard to choose - LOL !

Cantus Rock -
    Would it be possible for me to get a copy of that .wav file ?
    I only have 'All Around The World' on a Record, But i dont have no Record Player !

LOL !

See ya
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  6. getup

getup New Member

yes, i am on aol...my screen name for anyone who would like to talk about fraggle rock anytime...is g0bofraggle(the first 0 is a zero)...or the one i'm ALWAYS on is xsilly ol bear.

talk to me whenever...about fraggle songs, fraggle episodes, or if you are interested in purchasing at all or trading.

those are very good songs as well. there are just too many good ones.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  7. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Heh, let me join the over 100 Fraggle Mp3 club as well...I'd love to trade also. I can do tranfers through AIM, so if anyone would like to trade, IM Me at:

MSTieMuppet

As for me by name. I come served on whole wheat bread with a side of mayo. :)

-Matt
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  8. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

It's hard to say which one I like best, because I find that much of the songwriting is a bit poorly done. For example, I can't get the meaning at all of the song "Catch the Tail By The Tiger". :confused:

But here's what I like:

SHINE ON US NOW (MOON GREETING) - It sounds like a warm campfire song.
    THERE'S A RHYTHM - A great Christmas carol and a great way to end "The Bells of Fraggle Rock".
    DO YOU WANT IT? - That Mean Genie sure knows how to stage a rock concert.
    I'M THE ONE THAT WON - What better way to establish an episode with a game song.
    THE FRAGGLE CAVE THEME / WHAT A FUNNY WORLD IT IS - These two have that 80s flavor that can't be described.
    THE GOOD TIME GOOMBAH SOUP - Check out Junior's moves. What a crack-up. :D

Peace out,
    G Man
    Cartoonist @ Large

PS. Can anyone please hook me up with "All Around The World" in mp3 format? I've never heard it before. And what exactly was it used on, besides the single?
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  9. TidusEstar

TidusEstar New Member

Around the world

If anybody wants Around the universe (All around the world) I have it. just let me know
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  10. Allahandria

Allahandria New Member

Re: I've got a few...

You can't find it because it's "How Real it is" and I have it. *Grin*
    Jill
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  11. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

I LOOOOOOVE the one where Wembley sings about learning to love a wimp!!!!! (But, then again, I like geeks, for some reason.....) I also like Red's "I Can Do it on My Own"......But there are SOOOOO many to choose from!!!!!
    FraggleLover130 and GopherCoffee like this.
  12. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

(I'm ALWAYS adding stuff!!!!!!) Can ANYBODY send me the LYRICS Ato "Around the World"????? I LOVE that song!!!!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  13. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

Here's what I managed to transcribe from the dull-quality mp3 I have. It's amazing how much fun you can have with colors, huh? :) BTW, I don't know what they're singing in the background between the first two lines in Chorus B.

AROUND THE UNIVERSE
    Performed By Travelling Matt, Gobo, Red, Wembley, and backing singers

From Outer Space, it's very clear to me
    I got another card from Uncle Matt
    A Fraggle must go to meet his destiny
    I wish I could be as brave as that
    You're as crazy as your Uncle Matt!

Chorus A
    Around the universe
    Exploring every mile
    My mind doesn't turn back to Fraggle Rock
    I'm marching on with a smile

Chorus B
    All around the world
    There is a better way
    We're lucky to live here in Fraggle Rock
    We don't need to be out in space

It's hard to believe that when I look around
    I wonder what it's like in Outer Space?
    A culture like ours is nowhere to be found
    What's it like to be in another place?
    Does he ever see a friendly face?

Chorus A and B

Gobo, my boy, there's so much to explore
    One of these days I'll do the same
    Follow the light and make it through that door
    It's hard to believe you're as dumb as that
    I'm as crazy as my Uncle Matt

Chorus A (Gobo sings along w/ Matt)
    Around the universe
    Exploring every mile

Your/My mind doesn't turn back to Fraggle Rock
    You're/I'm marching on with a smile

Chorus B
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  14. Sir Didymus

Sir Didymus New Member

I also like "I can chase the wind" by Red, and "Home" by philo and gunge. It is really impossible to pick just one.

Jake
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  15. DramaQueen86

DramaQueen86 New Member

Dance your cares away (clap clap)

Woories for another day

Let the music play (clap clap)

Down in Fraggle Rock!!!!!

Hehe, i love that song!!!:D
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  16. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Wow, every girl in my high school, all wrapped up into one board member...

-Matt
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  17. DramaQueen86

DramaQueen86 New Member

Ummmm..... ok? Didnt really get that so if it was an insult of my intelligence you might want to clear it up so i can fight back.:confused:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  18. sherlockhemlock

sherlockhemlock New Member

Hook me in for the original Gobo and Uncle Traveling matt song "Follow me". That or Jim singing the minstrel song with the rockin rain and the blowing snowstorm, everything seems to sing everywhere i go.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  19. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

Re: Re: I've got a few...

Oh, really? Can you share it? :D

-Kim
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  20. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Kim - She can share it! And will even!! :D She passed it on to me, so I'm sure she'll pass it on to you. If she can't for some reason, IM me, I'll send it to you.

DramaQueen - Its only an insult in that I view you as the generic high school girl who remembers Muppets as a child and somehow stumbled across MC while looking for pictures of Fraggles to paste on your binders to show all your little friends. I'm sure the words "OH MY GOSH! I REMEMBER MUPPET BABIES!!!" have crossed your lips also, another possible reason for your presence in this forum. So, take that however you feel it should be taken.

Thanks to the G-Man for posting the "Around the Universe" lyrics. Every time I am in this thread I play the song and read along with the post. Very cool indeed. :)

-Matt
    GopherCoffee likes this.