1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Favorite Monsterpiece Theater segments

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by mikealan, Apr 28, 2003.

1. mikealan

mikealan New Member

Okay, okay. Let's have our talk of our favorite segments, the Monsterpiece Theater. I remember seeing them when I watched Sesame Street in my youth, and in this school year, I watched some of them. Mine were...

The Sound of Music
    The King & I
    Inside, Outside Story
    Gone With the Wind
    the Horse Whisperer
    some story about the AM that had a really long nose

What are your favorites?
  2. CookieFan

CookieFan New Member

1 Flew Over Cuckoo's Nest

Guys and Dolls
  3. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

You're thinking of Cyranose DeBergerac.
  4. BlueAM

BlueAM New Member

Now I wanna know: what does Cyranose de Bergerac look like? Tell me what specific AM he was, color and shape of his nose, hair color, clothes, etc.

Thanks!

BlueAM
  5. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

Cyranose DeBergerac: a profile

Voice: Jerry Nelson
    Puppet type: hand and rod (and nose)
    Skin color: lavender
    Eyes: think Forgetful Jones or Prof. Hastings
    Nose length: about 2 feet (human length)
    Hair color: dark brown, I think
    Clothes: think "Three Musketeers"
  6. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Good thing that I happened to meander into this thread at this time. Glad to see my friend BlueAM still plugging away to get textual descripts of as many characters he can get. PS: BlueAM, if you're online now and can get a chance, please send me an E-mail message with all the descripts you've gotten so far to date.
    BTW: One of my faves was Grover as the Old Man and the C. Problem is that I can't recall many more classic Monsterpiece Theater segments cause they've focused on repeating a batch of them. Haven't seen Chariots of Fur in a long time and there are others like this one.
    Liked Gone with the Wind involving Kermit and a female AM.
    Oh, and the character correctly named "Cyranose" or "Cyrannose" "De Bergerac" or "DeBergerac"?
    Please respond ASAP so that I can correct the entry in my master Muppet listings. Thanks for your help and have a good night.
  7. manoftheSTREET

manoftheSTREET New Member

The Mel Gibson segments...

"Hamlet" (performed with Elmo)

"Lethal Weapon 3" (Mel Gibson and Danny Glover in character as Riggs and Murtaugh observing a danger sign. Why? Because of a gigantic stone number 3 about to descend on them)

Sincerely,

John "manoftheSTREET" Kilduff
    Cory Stoczynski likes this.
  8. CookieFan

CookieFan New Member

Just saw "The Sun Always Rises" recently. Cracked me up. Grover going "We're ruined! Ruined!"
  9. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I never seen that one...

I like

Gone with the Wind

ABCD Blue

Howards End

One Flew over the Cuckoos nest

Fiddler on the Roof

and the King and I

AT least, those are the ones I remember!
  10. BlueAM

BlueAM New Member

Drtooth, I wanna know:

What does Scarlett, the AM from Gone With the Wind look like? Please give me a full description of what she looks like (what type of AM she is, clothes, skin color, nose color and shape, and hair color).

Also, can you describe what the AMs from Fiddler on the Roof look like? There were obviously so many of them but describe as many as you can remember. Please try to describe what type of AMs they were, what clothes they had, skin color, hair color, and nose color and shape.

Thanks!

BlueAM
  11. mikealan

mikealan New Member

I certainly have the Monsterpiece Theater segment on tape. It was "The 400 Blows". It was where Grover tries to blow out the candles from the cake. It used to make me laugh, because of Grover blowing them.
  12. Beakie

Beakie New Member

The Twin Beaks one scares me... I'm not really sure why, but it does. :eek: And the only other one I can really remember is 1 Flew Over Cuckoo's Nest so I guess it will have to be my favorite by default.
  13. Mister Fred

Mister Fred New Member

The two beak birds is a great episode of monsterpiece theather. I like at the end when one of them cough's and cookie says "HEY< COVER YOUR BEAK!, THAT'S BETTER". I also like chariots of fur and one of the first episodes " Upstairs & Downstairs".
  14. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Not sure if it happened at the end of Twin Beaks, but the incident you mentioned where Alistair Cookie asks a bird to cover his beak when coughing happens at the end of "The Sun Also Rises" a parody of the Ernest Hemmingway novel starring Grover and Mary Monster.
    Hope this helps and have a good night.
  15. Mister Fred

Mister Fred New Member

Ok, so that's the one where there is coughing at the end and cookie tells him to cover his beak. I like at the introduction on the newer segments when cookie stuffs his mouth full then burps and says " oh excuse me".
  16. foofoocakes

foofoocakes New Member

I loved " Chariots of Fur". Grover always cracks me up.:)
  17. jeffkjoe

jeffkjoe New Member

My favorite was "Chariots of Fur."

I think it was the only time they showed Herry Monster's feet.
  18. mikealan

mikealan New Member

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

I saw the other Monsterpiece Theater segment on the current Season 31 episode where Ernie lets the Bird-keteers transform into the Quack-keteers!