Favorite Movies No one Knows

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Does anybody here remember the movie ReAnimated? I remember being at my cousins house a few years ago and he had the TV on Cartoon Network and this movie was on. The plot was that a young boy gets hit by a trolley at an amusement park, so he has his brain replaced by the frozen brain of a famous cartoonist (Walt Disney reference? :wink:), so now he is able to interact with the cartoonist's characters in reality as if they are real people, but he's the only one who can see them.

Also, in science class last year, we watched a few very old Disney movies. Is anyone familiar with The Gnomemobile? I think it was adorable! :big_grin:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Does anybody here remember the movie ReAnimated? I remember being at my cousins house a few years ago and he had the TV on Cartoon Network and this movie was on. The plot was that a young boy gets hit by a trolley at an amusement park, so he has his brain replaced by the frozen brain of a famous cartoonist (Walt Disney reference? :wink:), so now he is able to interact with the cartoonist's characters in reality as if they are real people, but he's the only one who can see them.

Also, in science class last year, we watched a few very old Disney movies. Is anyone familiar with The Gnomemobile? I think it was adorable! :big_grin:
Didn't they turn that into a rather lame show for Cartoon Network? Like "Outta my Head" or something?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yes, they did- I remember seeing the advertisements for it and not being all that enthused. But it looks like it was okay.

Father's Day, they ran the obscure sequel to "Christmas Story" (If Sequel is the right word). It was from the same book the Christmas Story movie was based off of (or part of the series? I'm not sure). And Jean Shepherd returned as the narrator... but there was a different cast. It had Mary Stemebergen (SP?) and Charles Grodin as the mother and father. And I think Macauly Caulkin's brothers as the kids. It really isn't as good as Christmas Story, and the actors seem to try too hard to be the other actors at some points in the film (Charles did it the best, I think...) but it still was a pretty funny film.
I know what you're talking about. It's called "A Summer Story" and I was pretty shocked to actually find a direct-to-video sequel to "A Christmas Story" some 20 years or so later. I've seen it on DVD at Books-A-Million for a few bucks.
One of these days maybe I'll actually get around to renting it just to check it out.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know what you're talking about. It's called "A Summer Story" and I was pretty shocked to actually find a direct-to-video sequel to "A Christmas Story" some 20 years or so later. I've seen it on DVD at Books-A-Million for a few bucks.
One of these days maybe I'll actually get around to renting it just to check it out.
Actually, no less than an hour after I posted that message (and I never went back to correct or change it) it actually aired on that rare DTV channel. The film is REALLY called "It Runs in the Family."

APRena

Reaction score
This was a series of videos that I think started in the 1980s (so, slight chance people know what I'm talking about.) called Wee Sing. Usually just common traditional songs for kids woven into some colorful and moral-teaching plot, but I LOVED them when I was really young. Sillyville, Grandpa's Magical Toys, and The Marvelous Musical Mansion are ones I can practically recite to this day.

PurpleHonker

Reaction score
One of my all-time favorite (obscure) movies (for being ridiculous - NOT for actually being a good movie with a real plot!) is Rubin and Ed from the early 90's. It's quite difficult to find, but, if you can get your hands on a copy, I highly recommend picking it up!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Actually, no less than an hour after I posted that message (and I never went back to correct or change it) it actually aired on that rare DTV channel. The film is REALLY called "It Runs in the Family."
Hmm- okay. I think that's a different movie then. Is this the one you were talking about?:search:
(See link here.)

I've seen another movie in stores before and this one is made as a sequel to Jean Shepherd's "A Christmas Story". Maybe you got these two mixed up?:confused::eek:
(See link here.)

BurnoTrashman

Reaction score
Just got to thinking about a movie I liked when I was a kid, but I don't believe anyone else is remotely familiar with it...

Don Bluth gave us some of the most wonderful animated features of their time - where most animated films of that time were mostly happy, silly, bright and zany, Bluth's films always had a deeper layer of subtext, and had some memorable darker moments as well, compared to other animated films.

While I'm sure everybody's familiar with such films as The Secret of NIMH, An American Tail, and All Dogs Go to Heaven, there's one particular film that most people don't seem to be as familiar with - Rock-a-Doodle. From the early 90s, about an Elvis-like rooster who leaves the farm after being publically humilated, and becomes a big rockstar in the big city, while his barnyard pals try to find him, because an enemy band of owls have thrown the farm land into a perpetual thunderstorm. As always, great story, wonderful subtext, nice animation, but unlike most of Bluth's other films, this had some toe-tapping songs as well... and surprisingly, NO character voiced by Dom DeLuise. But I still liked it... seems like the last time I ever saw it played on TV was probably 1998 or so on HBO.
I know that movie,I watched it in school back in the day's.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hmm- okay. I think that's a different movie then. Is this the one you were talking about?:search:
(See link here.)

I've seen another movie in stores before and this one is made as a sequel to Jean Shepherd's "A Christmas Story". Maybe you got these two mixed up?:confused::eek:
(See link here.)
That's what it was titled on the network. I'm going to say they changed the movie for DVD. It was NOT called "A Summer Story" the two times I watched it. But yes, it was the second one.